Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Rzwen

Moisturizer for Matte Look? Rather than Shiny.

I'm currently using the Eucerin Day Moisturizer recommended on the Regimen page. But to my dismay, it provides a glossy, shiny, oily look. I don't like that. I want a matte, dull look so it's more natural, I suppose. I don't like having my face shine in the lights.

What are some good recommendations?

Thanks.

I suggest Neutragena oil free combination skin moisturizer. It makes your skin really soft, but also controls oil and doesn't leave a shine. I love it. It's kind of expensive though.....like seven dollars a bottle. But, it's lasted me a long time.

sorry but i dont believe in anything that can actually moisturize ur skin properly and provide a matte finish. i've tried neutrogena for combo skin, i had to reapply it multiple times b4 i was comfortable and even after a couple hours my skin was back to being oily. I've had better success using eucerin only at night, because it's just too oily during the day. I use olay complete uv defense moisturizer, it's light and moisturizes jus enough without being greasy or too shiny. However, it's not the best one for people just starting because it doesnt moisturize enough for the extra drying during the first weeks. best solution other wise is the first persons suggestion, use tissue and pat it on the skin to absorb the oil, and do it when necessary during the day.

ive used the nivea old control lotion and to be honest i wasnt impressed by it, my skin looked Shinier wen applying this and didnt help at all, im still looking for one sad.gif

yeah i use eucerin too and i get the same effect. i just put on some loose powder and it takes care of it.

As much as I would like to try that pure zone moisturizer it has SA in it which is a big no no. SA has done nothing but make my acne worse in the past. I think its best to stay with moisturizers that have no 'acne fighting' ingredients in it.

i tohught it was a b ig no-no too, and stopped using an SA moisturiser. then i read up that its just an unporeblocking exfoiliant thing, so it helps with my red marks. it hasn't made mine worse. but yeah, if you look in another thread i posted here about a week ago you'll see another product in there called "oc8" its oil control lotion. search for it, theres stuff in there.

PLAIN ALOE VERA. Stop putting chemicals on your face. All those drugstore moisturizers, no matter how "gentle" they say they are, contain CHEMICALS. Why put random shit on your face. Use pure ingredients. Aloe is great becasue is it not greasy at all. I use it underneath my mineral makeup and it keeps my face tight, moisturized and not greasy all day long.

PLAIN ALOE VERA.  Stop putting chemicals on your face.  All those drugstore moisturizers, no matter how "gentle" they say they are, contain CHEMICALS.  Why put random shit on your face.  Use pure ingredients.  Aloe is great becasue is it not greasy at all.  I use it underneath my mineral makeup and it keeps my face tight, moisturized and not greasy all day long.

I use Lubriderm. It says 'New!' on it and says 'oat enriched'. It moisturizes great, and it doesn't leave your face shiny at all, it makes your skin just look normal.

Sometimes Eucerin Renewal would make me look shiny (mainly in the past), however lately it has blended in very well. I normally wouldn't even moisturize in the morning unless I -absolutely- had to. I attribute Eurcerin being much nicer for me now to me lightly rubbing it in more completely, along with using the right amount (the fine line between too much and too little is tough).

That said, I understand that even if you are doing things correct it can still look shiny for certain people, so definately some other product might be better for you.

I'm currently using the Eucerin Day Moisturizer recommended on the Regimen page. But to my dismay, it provides a glossy, shiny, oily look. I don't like that. I want a matte, dull look so it's more natural, I suppose. I don't like having my face shine in the lights.

What are some good recommendations?

Thanks.

Hey, I've been using that Eucerin Daily Renewal lotion when I first started the regimen. It stung like shit (well so did every other lotion), so I stopped. After a little while of using Dove Essential Nutrients SPF15, there was no more stinging so I went back to Eucerin. Lately Right under my eyebrows I'm flaking and my neck is so red, irritated, and lizard like dry, I decided that I'm going to stop the Eucerin, and I started back today with Dove Essential Nutrients.

I think the AHA and Lactic Acid in it aggrivated my skin.

To tell you the truth, between the two, I feel the Dove Essential Nutrients doesn't make you shiny. I have extremely oily skin and am rather tan so oilyness shows real bad on me.

However, whichever you use I think if you become shiny, just dab your skin with a tissue or napkin like someone else stated, that works just fine.

Try the Dove Essential Nutrients SPF15. You may like it, and it doesnt have the AHA and Lactic Acid in it.

~Poi

Hey, I've been using that Eucerin Daily Renewal lotion when I first started the regimen. It stung like shit (well so did every other lotion), so I stopped. After a little while of using Dove Essential Nutrients SPF15, there was no more stinging so I went back to Eucerin. Lately Right under my eyebrows I'm flaking and my neck is so red, irritated, and lizard like dry, I decided that I'm going to stop the Eucerin, and I started back today with Dove Essential Nutrients.

I think the AHA and Lactic Acid in it aggrivated my skin.

To tell you the truth, between the two, I feel the Dove Essential Nutrients doesn't make you shiny. I have extremely oily skin and am rather tan so oilyness shows real bad on me.

However, whichever you use I think if you become shiny, just dab your skin with a tissue or napkin like someone else stated, that works just fine.

Try the Dove Essential Nutrients SPF15. You may like it, and it doesnt have the AHA and Lactic Acid in it.

~Poi

Hey guys! I have asked this question TWICE before, but noone answered. user posted image

how do you all like it? I love it. It smells wonderful and it dies make you glow... the only problem is, I can't figure out if THAT is what breaks me out or not.

Has anone has problems with it? How can I find out if that is what makes me break out? II'm addicted to it, but I keep myself from using it. I really want to start again. So, has anyone used it and broke out?