Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jersey85

do i need moisturizer?

After using neutrogena on the spot, the proactiv BP, and finally this past week getting my first tube(s) of BP Gel (which is awesome 10x better than on the spot), i feel like my skin has adapted to the BP to the point that i dont need moisturizer after i apply because there is no more dryness/flakiness. So my question is whether i should moisturize anyway just to follow the regimen directly, keep adding more BP until i need moisturizer, or just go along the way i have been. By the way i began the regimen mid sept, but not strictly until december. Ive gotten clearer, but not to the point that i feel comfortable about my skin. So back to the moisturizer, what do you think?

Hi jersey85! I would continue moisturizing. Even if your skin feels okay, the prolonged use of BP will surely make it dry. And then your skin will try to compensate for any loss of moisture by producing more oil. eusa_doh.gif Which means breakouts! shock.gif ack!

Good luck to you! eusa_angel.gif

I definetly think that moisturizing is essential, especially during the regimen. You may not be flaking or anything but BP is still drying regardless of how much you apply, and I think it's important to keep your skin hydrated.

Besides, moisturizing can't hurt smile.gif

Moisturize. I cut down the amount I was using because i thought it would clear my skin faster, well it slowed progress. So increased the amount and my skin is looking smoother and clearer everyday. Pax

Also, bp has been known to cause wrinkles in the skin. I think that if you use moisturizer even if you feel you don't need it, you'll improve the overall health of your skin, ya know?

you guys were right, i stopped using moisturizer for a couple BP applications, and sure enough it caught up to me, and now my skin seems to be looking worse.

So i guess the moisturizer i an extremely important part of the regimen and so for all the newbies i suggest making sure your skin isnt too dry or flaky or either slow down the Bp or ramp on the moisturizer.

thanks for the help, guys!

Flaking and drying is exfoliation and it's good for your skin. Moisturizers make me breakout, therefore no moisturizer = better for me.