Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
lovely

~* Rae's Regimen *~

I want clear smooth beautiful skin sooo much, and I finally think I've found something that's gonna work.

My Story:

I started breaking out when I was 12, it was mild, but went to the bad end of moderate by 14. At 16 I finally saw a derm and since then with the use of a bunch of prescriptions and otc products my skin is back to mild. I'm 18 now and since finding acne.org I have tried a bunch of things like the regimen and botchla's regimen, and I have learned that BP and SA just don't agree with me. Before Christmas I went to a doctor at my university and told him I wanted to try something really mild, he prescribed Differin cream. For the last few months I have just been washing with Dove soap and moisturizing (a brief stint with TTO as well.) Two weeks ago I added Differin, and things look promising.

My Regimen

Morning: Wash with Dove Sensitive Skin Bar

Apply Dove Day Lotion (spf 15)

Night: Wash with Dove Sensitive Skin Bar

Apply thin layer of Differin Cream

Apply Dove Sensitive Skin Day Lotion

So I'm starting this log to keep track of my progress, I'll try and update as often as possible. Hope this works

By the way tomorrow will be day 14

*Rae*

*Day 14*

I started this regimen two weeks ago, and it really excited me because in one week it had dried up all of my existing pimples, and I did not break out once. I came home from school last weekend and my mom commented on how much my skin was clearing. Anyway week two was a little different I started breaking out again, just in little pimples on my two problems areas my chin and mainly my forehead

Last night I did my regimen and have noticed little change from the night before. I have about 10 itty bitty pimples mostly on my forehead, some chin and some clogged pores beside my nose. The one improvement I'm seeing is that a really bad pih spot from my BP days is lightening up. whoo hoo! Hopefully these pimples from the past week are just the "intial break-out" and I'll soon be clear.

By the way my doctor told me when he prescribed the medication that my skin should be clear in about 6-8 weeks.

* Day 15 *

I did my differin regimen last night, and have just completed my morning regimen. I am happy to report that most of the itty bitty pimples that were there yesterday have vanished, and the rest except for one stubborn one above my eyebrow, have shrunk. On one side of my nose the large pores have shrunken considerably! Hopefully this keeps us.

Oh, also, last night instead of moisturizing my entire face I only applied moisturizer to the dry areas, as it looked like the areas where I apply the differin are already moisturized from its cream base.

* Day 16 *

I see no real change from yesterday. There are still about 6-7 itty bitty pimples on my forehead and chin.

I am also trying to use diet to help my skin: ie. cutting back refined, sugary and dairy filled foods. Last night I messed up and had a hot fudge sundae... but I'm back on track today.

I was on a very similar regime as yours last month. The only difference is I use different moisturizers. I've stopped using the differin though cause it made one side of my face worse. So right now Im trying just dove and lotion with st ives scrub once a week.

* Day 17 *

Hope that works for you lightning! I still have high hopes for my differin.

Anyways, I came in really late last night, but I still stayed awake long enough to do my nightly regimen. I'm happy to report that I have no new pimples, and the stubborn one above my eyebrow is just about gone. I still have a scattering of itty bitty pimples on my forehead. My chin is just about clear, and some clogged pores are opening up there and on my nose.

So, so far I'm pretty happy....

* Day 18 *

My face is just continuing to clear. Everyday, it sounds kinda gross, but stuff comes out of the clogged pores on my chin in the morning, and it just wipes away when I wash. I'm really happy with my forehead, now there's only about 4-5 of those little pimples and they are really shrinking. My face also feels really smooth, except for the few scattered bumps.

One thing I'm wondering about is the dreaded "initial breakout" I did breakout in week 2, but that seems early, my skin hasn't broken out since. Hopefully that breakout was it, and I just continue to clear up.

* Day 19 *

This morning I woke up with a few blackheads on my chin that seem to have come to the surface, hopefully they'll be gone by tomorrow or the next day. I think this might be the start of my initial breakout since it's been just about three weeks. My forehead is pretty much the same, there are still some miscellaneous pimples that are just sticking around. My cheeks are also breaking out a little with those itty bitty zits, mainly the right one. So hopefully I'll get through this little breakout, and then be on my way to clear....

* Day 19 *

This morning I woke up with a few blackheads on my chin that seem to have come to the surface, hopefully they'll be gone by tomorrow or the next day. I think this might be the start of my initial breakout since it's been just about three weeks. My forehead is pretty much the same, there are still some miscellaneous pimples that are just sticking around. My cheeks are also breaking out a little with those itty bitty zits, mainly the right one. So hopefully I'll get through this little breakout, and then be on my way to clear....

Thanx for the replies guys!

wilson26: all i can say is geeee....hahaha hope all that stuff works for you!

ben1006040: it's good to hear I'm not the only one, how long did ur initial breakout last? I'm hoping mine will be brief...

* Day 20 *

I definitely think (hope) I'm in the dreaded "initial break-out" phase. Yesterday I had a bunch of little ones pop up on my cheeks and chin, and now my forehead has a few more. I should point out that it's not more than what I would usually have, but I had cleared up during the first week of use with differin and I can definitely see a change. The pimples are all small, fleshed colored and painless. My skin is also drier than I would like it to be today, so I think tonight I'll start back up again apply the dove lotion to my entire face, over the differin.

Oh and as for diet, I've been doing a really bad job of it eusa_naughty.gif yesterday I had fries, cookies and a bunch of other stuff I try to avoid....but I'm gonna fix it all today....

Tsk! Overdosing on junk food is bad. lol.

I'm just using Alba Hawaiian's Coconut Milk cleanser and Lomalux's Acnepill. The dryness of my skin from tons of acne products such as BP has finally removed itself this week, and my skin looks way better than it did before. It could be a fluke, but I'll see in 3-4 weeks.

I hear ya Kaycen...all those BP acne products made my skin a mess, I'm pretty happy with differin though. I think that not moisturizing at night is the main problem for me, and hopefully once I do it tonight my skin wil be nice and moist again haha.

* Day 21 *

Officially three weeks on my regimen

This morning I woke up very late, and didn't have time for my morning routine at it's usual time. I have noticed a new whitehead in my eyebrow grrr, and some of the little zits that popped up yesterday have turned into whiteheads. My right cheek has only two visible pimples today, but some dark spots, and it feels bumpy, so i think the little zits that were there before are just shrinking. My chin also looks pretty clear, but i can definitely feel some bumpies, and there are two pih spots that have carried over from the bp days.. my face is a lot softer and the dryness is gone thankfully

yoho! i practically do the exact same thing, except in the morning i use duac as well. and a different lotion. but i think that differin is helping with the red marks left after previous breakouts-which is what it was prescribed for.

Hey hey shabunkinfishy! My doctor also mentioned that differin would help my redmarks, and I think it's helping one on my forehead. But yea, how long have you been on it, and what kinda results have you had?

* Day 22 *

Ok, I am officially in love with Differin today. The little pimples on mainly my right cheek that I was complaining about for the last few days are all gone except for like two, which I can only feel, not see. I still have some on my forehead, but it's better than yesterday. What I'm most happy with though is how my skin TONE has improved. I have had this majour pih spot on my forehead for months (since the BP days and I just noticed today how much it has faded. Two on my chin from really bad large pimples (which were kinda deep) are fading too, I really thought I was stuck with those. Pores are also smaller. Whoo Hooo! I really really really hope this continues....

* Day 22 * (again)

I'm so happy because I went today without foundation or powder since my big breakout over Christmas (the breakout that drove me to see another doctor about my skin). I'm just so happy at the improvement in tone, and didn't feel like I needed to use make-up to even my skin out. Hopefully I won't have any more pimples show up, and the ones on my forhead will clear soon....

* Day 23 *

I had a crazy day, so I'm kinda late with this. Anyway today there's no significant change in my skin I'm still really happy with the improvement in tone and texture. My forehead still has a few blemishes that I'm hoping will clear soon and there's one little one on my chin, but hopefully my initial break-out is over.

* Day 24 *

Today I have a few new whiteheads, nothing majour, 2 on my forehead, and one on my cheek. Not much change at all. Overall though, I'm pretty pleased because my skin feels smoother than it has in months.

* Day 25 *

No change. I'm starting to get a little frustrated with my forehead. There are about five stubborn pimples, including that one in my eyebrow that just won't go away. I don't want to add anything new at this point, and I plan on giving this at least 6 weeks.

* Day 26 *

My face does not look good at all today. My forehead especially has about 4 or 5 old pimples, and 2 or 3 new ones, and it's just plain bumpy. My right cheek has broken out in a bunch of small pimples, and there's a few little ones popping up on my chin. This is really frustrating, but I'm not ready to give up, like I said yesterday I'm giving this 6 weeks, and it hasn't yet even been 4.

I think one of my main problems is that I'm away at school, and I'm always hungry, and it's hard to make good food choices when your options are a cafeteria, some vending mahines, and a convenience store. I'm fortunate that I can eat whatever I want and not really gain weight, but I'm sure that what I eat has an effect on my skin. So, from now on I'm going to do my best to stay away from sugar (I eat cookies and Ice cream like they are going extinct) and stay away from dairy (I should because I'm lactose intolerant) and eat more veggies and fruit.