Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
xXillusion

should I stop the regimen?

Hi all...

so...

I've been on the regimen since November 26, so that's about 46 days.

I haven't seen any results yet other than my old acne disappeared, but I break out everry day! Yesterday I had NO active acne on one side of my face and forehead. Yesterday evening I got 2 pimples and in the morning two more.

In the ares of my face wehre I NEVER get acne, I got quite a few small ones. I put BP there by accident... like there is a "line" of acne starting in one place and on the other side it's totally clear. So I put BP there by accident and now I have acne there too...

maybe BP is causing me to break out? It's been 8 weeks already...

any thoughts?

It's kinda hard to tell by your description, but if you break out literally everyday, I would definitely stop and try another regimen. In my experience with BP, my acne haulted by my skin became very red and irritated to the point where people started pointing it out to me. Then I tried botchla's regimen and it's working okay for me so far.

Anyway, you may be allergic to BP. If I were you, I'd stop the regimen, just use regular soap and water (or just water) for a few days to let your face heal, and then try another reigmen.

Botchla's regimen is the one with SA scrub and BP 10% cleanser right?

I wanted to try it before but I thought that if you don't leave anything on your face like BP gel/cream, then how can skin possibly clear?

More descirpion: lots and lots of deep under skin acne, some are not so deep, some come out, but most of the time acne appear on a cllear spot.

I have an appointment with my derm on Jan 25 and am hoping that she'll give me accutane. I will "kill" her if she gives me another topical.

I thought I could be on the Regimen until my appointment so that my skin will look terrible and red and not tell ehr about BP, or should I?

ps. I thought that people are allergic to BP who get super irritated skin and get acne-looking rash, but not acne. No?

Hi xXillusion! you know what, and you may not believe this but i swear...When i first began the regimen, I broke out badly at around week 7. I continued on, and eventually it cleared up. But then I strayed from the regimen, started other things, and eventually even stopped the regimen eusa_doh.gif It didn't take me long to realize though, that the only thing keeping my acne under control was the regimen. So I went back on it. And guess what? The second time doing it, at around week 7 I broke out again! shock.gif I was like, "what is up with week 7 ??" I'm serious. wacko.gif

But since then, I've continued with it, and here I am a year later and clear eusa_pray.gif

I'm not going to advise you to continue on, especially if you think you may be allergic to BP, or if there's a better solution for you like accutane. But I just wanted to share my experience, in case you feel like persevering. eusa_angel.gif Good luck to you! wub.gif

forgot to add, i got clear of active acne after about 5 mos.

hey surewhatever!

I really doubt that I am allregic to BP. I think I will not stop just because it cleared the really red ones on my cheecks that made me google "acne" and find this web site...

Lets just hope it clears up by next september, when I start college!

EDIT: When I go to my derm, should I say that:

- I'm using BP?

- Break out twice as much before my period?

EDIT#2: oh and also, I don't use BP when I go to school... it ruins your clothes and I like to sleep in class... so I lie on my arms while wearing a sweatshirt.

Also I touch my face no matter what, not a lot though

could this be why I'm not getting the results?

Also maybe I've been using too little cause I just now tried the whole finger and it took me awhile to rub everything in, I thought I was using rnought when I put just a blob on my hand.. um, yeah

That's it. I'm stopping it. My skin hurts now and I get new acne all the time. It's like it never heals. The regimen is not for me. It is for people who don't get new acne. My skin is too sensitive.

That's it. bye bye the regimen

i really dont think you should quit, i started in september and finally started to see very dramatic results within this past week. make sure to apply the BP as gently as possible, along with the moisturizer which you should use a ton of (especially at night so it wont be so dry in the morning), and never pick at your new acne or it wont go away.

and i also would get 2 to 3 new pimples every day or every other day which has recently stopped, the regimen may take a while to clear you, but i believe it eventually will be successful for everyone who has acne that isnt characterized as severe (only cysts and such)

It's a really good move to come off the regimen. I was in your boat a few months ago, and I realized that BP is just not for everyone, it made my skin soooo irritated, it prolonged pih spots definitely and it made my skin dull and wrinkled looking. I say stop the BP, and use just a gentle cleanser and moisturizer for awhile, to let your skin recover. Definitely go see a derm, and make sure you tell him/her what you have tried before and what did and didn't work, and what you have reacted badly to. Good luck!

That's it. I'm stopping it. My skin hurts now and I get new acne all the time. It's like it never heals. The regimen is not for me. It is for people who don't get new acne. My skin is too sensitive.

That's it. bye bye the regimen

thanks, surewhatever smile.gif even if she won't give me anything good and other regimens on this site won't work, and soap and water wont work, I'm gonna start in in April again (maybe). In the winter skin is freaking dry by itself.

lovely, yeah, BP is definetely not for everyone. My skin is really sensitive. I accidentally put BP in those ares where I never get acne and the next day I got all these dozens of pimples there.

i really dont think you should quit, i started in september and finally started to see very dramatic results within this past week.    make sure to apply the BP as gently as possible, along with the moisturizer which you should use a ton of (especially at night so it wont be so dry in the morning), and never pick at your new acne or it wont go away.

and i also would get 2 to 3 new pimples every day or every other day which has recently stopped, the regimen may take a while to clear you, but i believe it eventually will be successful for everyone who has acne that isnt characterized as severe (only cysts and such)

darn it I can't do it! I brokey out a little today but I have a feeling that that little one will become a really big one, so... gonna go apply BP I guess

Botchla's regimen is the one with SA scrub and BP 10% cleanser right?

I wanted to try it before but I thought that if you don't leave anything on your face like BP gel/cream, then how can skin possibly clear?

More descirpion: lots and lots of deep under skin acne, some are not so deep, some come out, but most of the time acne appear on a cllear spot.

I have an appointment with my derm on Jan 25 and am hoping that she'll give me accutane. I will "kill" her if she gives me another topical.

I thought I could be on the Regimen until my appointment so that my skin will look terrible and red and not tell ehr about BP, or should I?

ps. I thought that people are allergic to BP who get super irritated skin and get acne-looking rash, but not acne. No?

You know why it isn't working?

Cos you aren't doing it properly!

smile.gif

EDIT#2: oh and also, I don't use BP when I go to school... it ruins your clothes and I like to sleep in class... so I lie on my arms while wearing a sweatshirt.

Also I touch my face no matter what, not a lot though

could this be why I'm not getting the results?

Also maybe I've been using too little cause I just now tried the whole finger and it took me awhile to rub everything in, I thought I was using rnought when I put just a blob on my hand.. um, yeah