Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Josefine

Started the regimen 1 week ago...

Hi all,

I started this Regimen 1 week ago and my skin is extremely dry and hurts as well.

Now I read that this will go away as soon as the skin got used to BP...what I would like to know is, how long exactly does this take ? Any experiences ? Suggestions ?

I keep applying moisturizer and it doesnt get any better.

Am I using too much BP ?

I really need some help on this... I just dont know what to do.

Thanks.

J

xxx

I think I would try applying less BP. eusa_think.gif Perhaps try using Eucerin Renewal moisturizer, if you're not already. It gently exfoliates while moisturizing and works really well against flakey skin.

When I began the regimen the dryness was totally out of control. Eucerin helped with that, and time. I can't remember how long it took, but it sure felt like a long time! lol eusa_boohoo.gif Even now, after over a year on the regimen, I'll experience dry skin and cut back on the BP every now and then, until my skin is back to normal.

Thanks a lot. I think I am overdoing it sometimes. Like last night, I used too much BP and my face is all red now.sad.gif

I am not sure if I can buy the Eucerin Renewal moisturizer here as I am in Holland.

I will try to find something similar then.

I also have really dry lips...is that normal as well ?

Argh, I really hope, this will all get better soon. I feel so stupid walking around with a red face all day !!

J

Everything you are saying Josefine I am experiencing as well. The dryness and hurting. Feels like sunburn ! I have been on it 1 week and my skin is still red. I think I am going to skip a day to get my dryness under control.

Hi Josefine,

I live in Holland too, and have been searching for the moisturizers that everyone mentions on this board, but haven't found them.

Now I use Oil of Olaz Classic beauty fluid Hypo-Allergeen. Works fine for me.

Also: since the only bp you can buy here is a 5% gel, I started really slowly with the regimen, e.g. only using bp at night first. After a couple of days my face was adjusted to that (= less dryness and no more redness), so now I can use it twice a day. Maybe that's something that would work for you too?!

good luck!

thats very normal, start using less for and gradually use more each week until your using a fat line on one finger. i wouldnt recommend using the Eucerin Renewal yet, because it can cause irration, wait a few weeks like Dan suggests. You may want to use Baking Soda to exfoliate the flakes away, thats what i did, it makes your skin so soft. you can search here for more info if you want

hey josefine,

I started the regimen just over 3 weeks ago, the first 2 weeks were not fun for me - I was constantly dried out. Mornings presented problems occasionaly when I had to find enough time before I left to complete the entire regimen - MOISTURIZING IS KEY. The 3rd week things turned better on the dryness side for me - same amount of BP though. My acne got a little worse around my nose and forehead but other than that things seem better. The coming weeks things will improve buddy. Hope this helped - give us an update!