Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
TMLGirl

Derm Appointment Today

Hey Guys,

I had my derm appointment today. It's kind of funny how a whole bunch of us had our appointments in the last week or so. It's great to see so many updates. (for those who don't know I'm supposed to be going on my fourth month, but only starting my third due to relapse and bad initial breakout).

So finally I get some good news. The derm walks into the room takes one look at me and says "wow your skin looks so much better, 100% improvement from last month." This made me soooooo happy, because I've been having such a rough time. Like Arpazia said, I wish I had a pic from 2 months ago....you wouldn't believe it. I was starting to think that it wouldn't work for me this time. For the past few weeks I've been taking half of my recommended dose of Accutane (doctor's orders) 20mg per day instead of 40mg. She wants me to continue taking 20mg until next month because she know my skin is really sensitive to the drug this time and doesn't want to take a risk of me having another bad breakout. So I will be taking a total of 5 months of Accutane but it will take me 7 months in total. I don't care how long it takes as long as it is gone!

She also said my cholestoral is a little high, but nothing to worry about as long as I watch my diet. I must admit that the holidays totally ruined my diet. All that crap I ate.

I am in very high spirits today and I'm looking forward to getting even better in the next couple of months. Again thanks for everyone's support, it means the world to me.

Lisa, i am SO SO pleased for you. eusa_dance.gifeusa_dance.gifeusa_dance.gif

Really good news and good to hear you with raised spirits. I think its easy to take the accutane progress on a daily basis, butif you sat back and waited for ta months progress, it would be obvious that its getting better. I wish i'd taken photos too. Im so annoyed.

I have my appointment on February 5th so il be sure to post the score with me. AND hopefuly, i'll be finished after 6.5 months on the drug!!

Crazy crazy crazy.

So pleased for you

Take care hun,

Frankie x

Guest Brandon
Hey Guys,

I had my derm appointment today.  It's kind of funny how a whole bunch of us had our appointments in the last week or so.  It's great to see so many updates. (for those who don't know I'm supposed to be going on my fourth month, but only starting my third due to relapse and bad initial breakout). 

So finally I get some good news.  The derm walks into the room takes one look at me and says "wow your skin looks so much better, 100% improvement from last month."  This made me soooooo happy, because I've been having such a rough time.  Like Arpazia said, I wish I had a pic from 2 months ago....you wouldn't believe it.  I was starting to think that it wouldn't work for me this time.  For the past few weeks I've been taking half of my recommended dose of Accutane (doctor's orders) 20mg per day instead of 40mg.  She wants me to continue taking 20mg until next month because she know my skin is really sensitive to the drug this time and doesn't want to take a risk of me having another bad breakout.  So I will be taking a total of 5 months of Accutane but it will take me 7 months in total.  I don't care how long it takes as long as it is gone! 

She also said my cholestoral is a little high, but nothing to worry about as long as I watch my diet.  I must admit that the holidays totally ruined my diet.  All that crap I ate. 

I am in very high spirits today and I'm looking forward to getting even better in the next couple of months.  Again thanks for everyone's support, it means the world to me.

I'm glad to hear you're having success with the tane. I can't remember, are you using Aquaphor? I think you said you hassled your derm to get it from the U.S.

I just got back from the derm too, and he was a total douche bag. In there for less then a minute, no shit. I was about to jump of the thingy and drop kick him. Just my luck, that I start clearing right before my appointment. In a week, I'll probably break out again, heh.

Guest Brandon

I bought some Aquaphor to give to some Canadian peeps today. It's good you got some though. Do you have an album of your progress? I don't think the old fucker would care about pictures I showed him. He didn't seemed to care about me. I was talking to the nurse, and I thought that she didn't care, then this guy enters and makes her look like a saint.

I suppose it's just mild to moderate, but I'd rather use something that I know works for me like the BP, as opposed to the prescriptions they gave me. But, I'm sick of past red marks that won't fade, so I'm trying to find an alternative to BP. I'm sick of clindamycin! Now, I have to use it with Differin gel and Doxycycline? grrr

I bought some Aquaphor to give to some Canadian peeps today. It's good you got some though. Do you have an album of your progress? I don't think the old fucker would care about pictures I showed him. He didn't seemed to care about me. I was talking to the nurse, and I thought that she didn't care, then this guy enters and makes her look like a saint.

I suppose it's just mild to moderate, but I'd rather use something that I know works for me like the BP, as opposed to the prescriptions they gave me. But, I'm sick of past red marks that won't fade, so I'm trying to find an alternative to BP. I'm sick of clindamycin! Now, I have to use it with Differin gel and Doxycycline? grrr

TML, that is GREAT news!!! I am really happy for all of us who started around the same time and are clearing around the same time! I really believe that 2005 is the Year of Clear for us!

Did your dermatologist specifiy seven months? I'm pretty sure that my treatment will be a total of eight months when I put it altogether but, like you, I'm only on 20 mg a day.

(My doctor took a picture last month but none this time around and that is basically the only picture in existence of my acne-infested skin. Now, its all red marks which look really bad in the light at Pearl Vision - - I might add.)

So, TML, are you completely clear now?

TML, that is GREAT news!!!  I am really happy for all of us who started around the same time and are clearing around the same time!  I really believe that 2005 is the Year of Clear for us!

Did your dermatologist specifiy seven months?  I'm pretty sure that my treatment will be a total of eight months when I put it altogether but, like you, I'm only on 20 mg a day.

(My doctor took a picture last month but none this time around and that is basically the only picture in existence of my acne-infested skin.  Now, its all red marks which look really bad in the light at Pearl Vision - - I might add.)

So, TML, are you completely clear now?

I think an Accutane Reunoin is a a great idea! Since we're all international, we should meet on some island and rejoice being allowed out in the sun again!