Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
CheaChea

2 weeks off accutane, can i start taking again

I have the least active acne right now since like 4 years ago. BUt now I need to go back on accutane[My blood test results took a week to come in, once i got presicbtion my pharmacy ran out of accutane so i have to wait till thursday] Well it isnt going to be 2 weeks, more like 10 days. BUt still. My acne is really dissapearing, But i have alot of red marks and discoloration and huge pores. also have those dark spots, so even though i have no acne on my right cheek except for 1 whitehead, it looks like i have very severe acne[i had severe acne after my initial breakout]

Congratulations on your “least-active acne!� That is really good news and must be giving you a lot more confidence. eusa_dance.gif

I wouldn’t fret too much about your break from Accutane. I did a full two months off of Accutane and my acne didn’t start resurfacing until I basically showed up at my new dermatologist’s office. For me, it worked better the second time around and I am happy I took the break because I think I was having a very bad reaction to the drug. I hope it works the same way for you.

I know what you mean about those annoying red marks. All this week, I’ve been raving about my results from Accutane but today, I went to Pearl Vision for a new pair of glasses. The lighting and the mirrors in that place are EVIL! All I could see was redness everywhere that made my inactive look active. But, we’re in the same boat here and we really can’t do much about the red marks until we’re off Accutane. In the meantime, I am going to buy more lemons and squeeze them into every glass of water I drink. It sounds silly but I see moderate results through this method. Maybe you should try it out…

Congratulations on your “least-active acne!â€?  That is really good news and must be giving you a lot more confidence.  eusa_dance.gif

I wouldn’t fret too much about your break from Accutane.  I did a full two months off of Accutane and my acne didn’t start resurfacing until I basically showed up at my new dermatologist’s office.  For me, it worked better the second time around and I am happy I took the break because I think I was having a very bad reaction to the drug.  I hope it works the same way for you.

I know what you mean about those annoying red marks.  All this week, I’ve been raving about my results from Accutane but today, I went to Pearl Vision for a new pair of glasses.  The lighting and the mirrors in that place are EVIL!  All I could see was redness everywhere that made my inactive look active.  But, we’re in the same boat here and we really can’t do much about the red marks until we’re off Accutane.  In the meantime, I am going to buy more lemons and squeeze them into every glass of water I drink.  It sounds silly but I see moderate results through this method.  Maybe you should try it out…

Buy some fresh lemons and slice them into quarters. Every time you have a glass of water, squeeze lemon juice into the water from the quarters. Lemon juice helps to cleanse your body of impurities. I’m not sure if this is what gets rid of the redness but it works pretty well for me. I was eating lemons since I love sour things but realized that this does a lot of damage to my teeth so I stopped.

I find myself liking nighttime and dark corners in bars more and more often. My acne and red face are near impossible to see in those conditions but I hate my reflection in the car windows. It just exaggerates the scars and makes my face look deformed.

It’s good to have a doctor who double-checks your blood work but this is the same guy who is freaked out by cysts?!? Are you still satisfied with this office?

I think people have more oil glands on their face than anywhere else on there body. I’ve had acne two inches under my eyes but not on my temples - - ever. That is how I imagine the rest of my skin should look after ‘tane.

And, yes, I know we’re all really hot and that will become clear to everyone when we’re free of acne. Maybe we all have acne because we’re too damn good-looking and we needed to have some imperfection…..