Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ObsessedwithSKIN

Super bright lights - hate them to death!!!

Super bright lights every hall I go down, classroom (which you sit hours in for class), washrooms, everything! But let's just speak about how you feel and deal with being under super bright lighting. Or just lights period - the sun, washroom, desk lamp, classroom, mall, grocery store, etc.

For me, it kills my confidence. I never want to talk to someone when I am under super bright lights, I try to keep a distance. The worst is in a car. I wish I could live in a city with no sunshine, just night all the time.

This is why I now spend extra time doing my makeup every day for school. The last thing I need is my new class mates knowing Im wearing makeup. I know people at work know by now and you dont know how embarassing it is. There is not a worse feeling in the world, than having stare at your marks rather than your eyes when talking to you.

I know how you feel. I went to return an item I got for christmas in Costa Blanca (you live in Canada too, so I assume you know the store) and the lights were so bright. I felt so damn self consious. My make up was a mess because I came straight from work after working for 9 hours your skin tends to look like shit. The sales woman didn't even make eye contact with me. I wanted to say yes i know I have shitty skin and I am doing something about. Florecent lights are soooo frustrating.

I just dont understand so many places feel they need industrial strength lighting, like my damn college! Why? Were talking like dentist lights, doctors office lights, pharmacy lights, kitchens in restaurants. You dont need this in schools! If the room doesnt have this, then it has super large windows with the blinds up!!! Or both!!!!

Super bright lights every hall I go down, classroom (which you sit hours in for class), washrooms, everything!  But let's just speak about how you feel and deal with being under super bright lighting.  Or just lights period - the sun, washroom, desk lamp, classroom, mall, grocery store, etc.

For me, it kills my confidence.  I never want to talk to someone when I am under super bright lights, I try to keep a distance.  The worst is in a car.  I wish I could live in a city with no sunshine, just night all the time.

This is why I now spend extra time doing my makeup every day for school.  The last thing I need is my new class mates knowing Im wearing makeup.  I know people at work know by now and you dont know how embarassing it is.  There is not a worse feeling in the world, than having stare at your marks rather than your eyes when talking to you.

I just dont understand so many places feel they need industrial strength lighting, like my damn college!  Why?  Were talking like dentist lights, doctors office lights, pharmacy lights, kitchens in restaurants.  You dont need this in schools!  If the room doesnt have this, then it has super large windows with the blinds up!!!  Or both!!!!

Guest Shjaker

NOOO!!! THE FLUORESENT LIGHTS!!! sad.gif What Im wondering is.. if I can see even the smallest blemish on a person with clear skin's face.. what the hell are they thinking when they look at ME?! I dont even know how people can bare to make eye contact with me... maybe they're actually just playing connect-the-dots with my zits and pimples. Or trying to see how many they can count before I turn away.

I hate the freakin light variation with a passion. Cause your scars can be almost invisable to clearly freaking connect the scars visable. Such a downer to look in the mirror in some places like its those damn mirrors in the funny room at the circus. The sad thing is that it is real.

Guest Shjaker

I've become quite good at trying to deny to myself I look like that.

"It's juuuust the mirrors".

Yeah sure tongue.gif

the simple answer as to why all these places have flourescent lights is that they are WAY cheaper to run then regular filiment based bulbs so thats why many industrial settings use them, because it saves big bucks on the energy bill

true mate ^

Aside from this all, I was thinking right before bed last night about how there is so much more I have to deal with in school than all the other people. Like having bad skin and all, the fact knowing you have to be locked in a class room under bright hospital lighting makes you oh so self concious. I am always thinking about what seat I will be able to get, always lookin for the back, side, one in darker lite part of the room. I won't even sit right next to someone and share a book with them or something. I need my distance in super bright areas like schools. It is unfortunate, cause wherever I go, I have this thought on my mind all the time throughout the entire day, now how sad is that. I cant even go by lunch and wait in line with all other clear skin people around. It is odd, cause I walk in to a room and sometimes will move 2-3 times cause im not comfortable. Everyone always stares. Probably wondering wtf is wrong with me in the head, a seat is a seat im sure they are thinking. Well when you have my shoes, its not just a seat, it is a torture. When you are in classrooms, you have to stay calm and try not to let it bother you. Everyone but I seems to be able to walk the halls, go outside, sit in the huge and sunny lunch areas with hundreds ofother people, sit in rooms, fine just like nothing. But me? im always having that thought on my mind. How does my face look. Running to the nearest washroom to see in the mirror, make sure im not breaking out. my god.....some people just dont know how lucky they are. They dont have to wear makeup like me and spend an extra 45mins in the mornings 5 days a week. Im sure they can just sleep in and hop right out of bed right to class. Wish I could do that, must be nice!

FLUORESENT LIGHTS = lights from hell, if a shop has them I wont go in, my opticians was the worst they where super super bright FLUORESENT LIGHTS ninja.gif and had tons of mirrors, what a horrible day that was. sad.gif

What i hate is that you spend the morning looking in a mirror that will not acurately portray you in the classroom. The nice soft, forgiving lights of my bathroom compare to the harsh overhead lighting of the classroom makes me sick. The second i walk in I have to squint because the lights are so bright and directly overhead. I just know I am not getting any mercy from those lights. Its amazing how my personality changes when i am in a small classroom with bright lights and a big lecture hall with high more forgiving lights. I pay attention more and do better grade wise in those classes.

bright lights do suck something fierce...but you could just wear a hat sometimes?? that is, if the light is above you when your walking around....thats what I've done before....

Hmm I don't know guys, personally I think the big problem would be shadows, shadows would make unevenness in the skin stand out more than a total surrounding of soft light like many flourescent lights give... A single incandescent light will make many shadows that love to show your bumps. Although, brightness in general will reveal you too. =P