Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Gh1295

do FILLERS make scars worst in long run?

The theory that once a filler, say like Restalyne or Perlane, leaves the body your scar will be worst because its depressed even more. As the perlane destroys the little fibres under the skin and diminished collegen, etc

Anyone have any theories?

Does PERLANE or RESYALINE work on scars on the nose?

I have wondered this myself, but I have no definitive answer for you. Sorry. sad.gif

I don't *think* they would work on nose scars since that area of skin is so thin, but again, I am not 100% sure and I think it varies on what kind of scars you have. I do know that generally the nose is the most difficult area for scar treatment. If I were you I would look into TCA cross.

I hope not for them getting worse part.

I am hoping for keeping getting collagen injections for the rest of my life becuase I do not want to risk any other invasive procedures since my skin is so unhealthy due to years of acne medications.

I don't think it would make sense to get injections for the rest of your life. Say 3 a year x 60 years = 180 injections. You would eventually have scars from all of the needle marks and tunnels. (They insert the needle well away from the scars and push it towards them until they see the needle poking up at the exact place they want to fill in) Plus, in between injections the scars would gradually sink back in.

Thanks old guy,

Did you get new scars from the injections?

Well not for the rest of my life, but maybe till the point where I have a family and kids and no one really cares how I look and mostly I do not care how I look.

Anyway , that is so dissapointing sad.gif, that it can also leave scars. This is such a mess that I am in cry.gif

Are punch floats, excision permanent at least. I figure they are not invasive procedures and the down time is less than a week.

girlywoman, Have you considered microscopic silicone injections? That's permanent. One poster here, RichardSkin, had it done in both cheeks 30 yrs ago and is still pleased with the results.

Thanks old guy,

Well not for the rest of my life, but maybe till the point where I have a family and kids and no one really cares how I look and mostly I do not care  how I look.

Anyway , that is so dissapointing sad.gif, that it can also leave scars. This is such a mess that I am in  cry.gif

Are punch floats, excision permanent at least. I figure they are not invasive procedures and the down time is less than a week.

Thanks old guy,

Well not for the rest of my life, but maybe till the point where I have a family and kids and no one really cares how I look and mostly I do not care  how I look.

Anyway , that is so dissapointing sad.gif, that it can also leave scars. This is such a mess that I am in  cry.gif

The theory that once a filler, say like Restalyne or Perlane, leaves the body your scar will be worst because its depressed even more. As the perlane destroys the little fibres under the skin and diminished collegen, etc

Anyone have any theories?

Does PERLANE or RESYALINE work on scars on the nose?

RuPerki9 - the ice picks that were injected with cosmoplast...do they look like bumps now?

GirlWoman - Sorry to be the bearer of bad news...I had Radiance dermal filler injections...not only did the Radiance NOT last past 2 months...

the needles also left scars...so did the anesthetic injections.... I have olive skin, every procedure i have had...if there are needles involved..I am left with more scars... sad.gif after many years of this...My skin would have looked better if I would have left it alone.

I would have to agree with portlandboy on his views on scar correction...my scars never bothered me much until AFTER I was married and had a child.. now that I think of it ...kinda wierd.. huh?

One would think it would be the other way around... razz.gif

RuPerki9 - the ice picks that were injected with cosmoplast...do they look like bumps now?

GirlWoman - Sorry to be the bearer of bad news...I had Radiance dermal filler injections...not only did the Radiance NOT last past 2 months...

the needles also left scars...so did the anesthetic injections.... I have olive skin, every procedure i have had...if there are needles involved..I am left with more scars... sad.gif  after many years of this...My skin would have looked better if I would have left it alone.

I would have to agree with portlandboy on his views on scar correction...my scars never bothered me much until AFTER I was married and had a child.. now that I think of it ...kinda wierd.. huh?

One would think it would be the other way around...  razz.gif

Thanks old guy,