Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
namrobi

How long are scabs supposed to stay on?

I just did tca cross on approximately 60 icepicks and boxcar scars on Sunday. It's been 3 day post cross and a couple of my scabs are beginning to fall off. Has this happened to anyone who's done cross and has the scab coming off earlier effected the healing process? Please any advice will be greatly appreciated. I'm kinda worried. confused.gif Thanks for listening.

for me .. 1 st tca cross = 12-13 days beacuse i only washed my face with a warm towel (not touching the scab at all ) until all the scab fell off..

2nd cross = 9 days .. washing my face 2 times a day ..

3rd cross = just had it done today !

my doc said its good to have scab as long as possible .. coz its better for the healing..

but someone in this forum also advice its not good to have scab ... and what he/she did was to put vasline .. to prevent from scab to form .. coz scab = dryness and dryness causes slow healing ..

I m still very confused about this .. wheater to have scab or not to have em ..

does anyone know what is the best solution ?

ps- also .. i ll be putting up my pic after having subcision x1 co2 ultrapulse laser x1 , tca cross x4 , needling x 2 " in febuary " smile.gif

i have all kinds of scars ,, box, rolling and ice pick so it would be very helpful for all of you guys ..

atm it looks pretty good !

namrobi, wow that’s a lot! It would be extremely helpful for people if you could post before and after pics and document your progress to help others here. Although, I totally understand if you would not want to do that. The South Korean doctors who pioneered the technique used an antibiotic ointment at first, and then they used nothing at all. If you are putting some product on them, it may be why your scabs are falling off prematurely. I know it’s hard sometimes to not instantly reach for a skin cream when you get wounded or drug when you get sick, but many times they actually make things worse. Our bodies generally “know� what to do and have had millions of years to sort it all out. When in doubt, do nothing!

marce, I don’t know for sure whether it’s better to scab or not to scab. I do know that scabs are formed when people are more liberal with the TCA, Personally, I don’t scab from TCA Cross. I am very cautious about the way I apply it, though. Happy healing, brave crossers. smile.gif

I would love to post my picture up but i don't have a camera right now. But i'm thinking for my second cross sometime in February i will buy a disposal camera and try to post my pics up.

Well on the 3rd day, only a couple of scabs came off which got me terribly worried. I think it's because i put make up on and when i wash it off the scabs came off too. Most of my scabs are still on though and i'm hoping it will stay on for long. I wish i didn't have to put on makeup but my skin is very uneven with a lot of redmarks from recent acne.

I used Amino Plex at night. For day time i use amino plex, MyChelle's renewal repair cream with EGF with a couple of drops of lavendar and helichysum to promote healing. Then i apply sumblock before putting on makeup. Maybe i am putting way to many products on my face but i want my face to be as moisturize as possible b/c i want my makeup on come on smooth.

So far i'd say 80% of my scabs are still holding. I'll update more information if anything changes. Thanks to all of those who helped me out. Especially to you oldguy who has answered most of my post. Take care!!

I don't seem to scab that much either. I thought maybe it was that I had 50% TCA or maybe I'm not pressing the toothpick long enough into the scar. You can hardly tell I did anything a few days after. Hmmmm.

Is everybody using 100% TCA?

I am also using 100%. In the study the docs actually did say something about makeup being ok, although I believe that was after the scabs fell off. Btw, anyone that tries TCA Cross on themselves without thoroughly reading that study and planning on at least 3 treatments is making a huge mistake, and will likely make their scars worse.

namrobi, you really should not use any of those products on your scars that have been crossed until the scabs fall off. If you must wear makeup you could always just try to avoid the crossed places. I don’t know how, but I’m sure there is a way. Like with a small paint brush or something?

Btw, anyone that tries TCA Cross on themselves without thoroughly reading that study and planning on at least 3 treatments is making a huge mistake, and will likely make their scars worse.