Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jwchop

The Acne Cure - Botchla - The Regimen

Hi, Ive been scanning this board over the last few weeks. The inormation here is fantastic but it always seems the same questions are asked over and over. Which regimen to choose, what should I add to my regiemn to make it better? I highly recommend for people to look at the book The Acne Cure by Terry Bubrow (you can get it on Amazon.com). The regimen he mentions is the same as "dan's", "botchula's" regimen only it adds glycolic acid into the mix. The regimen is (in order):

1) 2% Salicylic Acid

2) 10% Glycolic Acid

3) 2.5 - 10% Benzoyl Peroxide

As mentioned before in a lot of threads: 1) Salicylic Acid clears off dead skin cells (the stratum corneum) as it a mild exfoliant; 2) Glycolic Acid opens up pores in the epidermal layer; and 3) Benzoyl Peroxide kills the acne bacteria (P. acnes)

You use all three either once or twice a day (BID) depending on how sensitive your skin is; whether your ethnicity is Black, White, Latino, Asian; and how severe your acne is.

(Note: the darker you skin color i.e. Black, Latino it recommended you do the treatment twice a day; lighter skin tones White, Asian can possibly do it just once a day)

The best products to use have all been mention before but include:

1: 2% Salicylic Acid - Clean & Clear Blackhead Clearing Scrub, Clearisil For Men

Energizing Face Scrub, Neutrogena Men Skin Clearing Face Wash (is 1.5% Salicylic Acid, but I have found it works well)

2: 10 % Glycolic Acid - Alpha Hydrox Enhanching Lotion, Alpha Hydrox Oil Free Moisturizer, Neutrogena Pore Refining Toner Alpha and Beta Hydroxy Formula (has both salicylic acid and glycolic acid)

3: 2.5 -10% Benzoyl Peroxide - bp gel 2.5% (to give plug for this website), Clean & Clear Continuous Control Acne Cleanser, Neurtogena Spot on Acne Treatment

The important thing is not the type of product you chosse just as long as you pick three products that work for you and contain these 3 chemicals. Please list some other products below so people know more about them.

Above all the most important thing to remember is to have a regimen to follow whether it be dan's, botchula's, or this one. Just have a system that you are going to use and stick with it over the course of 6-8 months. Don't try one after a few weeks and switch to something else. Stick with it. All Proactive and MUrad Ance systems are fancy step by step regimens for people to follow. They both have the same ingretients you can get OTC (over-the-counter).

This is just another option amongst the many mentioned here on this board. Try it if you want. But above all pick a regimen and stick with it!

Oh, and for hyperpigmentation - I really recommend the PureDeming products. But is a totally different post.

Thanks I'll put 10% Glycolic Acid is the mix, in about 2-4 weeks if the current regimine doesnt clear me 100% (Botchas) I've been on it only 4 weeks and its done wonders./