Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
arya

help with scars! i'm desperate

Hi guys,

I really need your help. I'm going under slight depression due to my scars.. I'm in the process of taking Diane 35 for my active pimples and they're starting to go away, but now I need help with something I can do for the scars (which are recent, from the breakout just 3 months ago..... cry.gif they've already scarred....*sigh*).

What i mean to say is I'd like to try something at home, while I wait to go to an actual doctor for more major scar treatment (whatever that may be, TCA, dermabrasion, etc)...

What do you guys recommend?? I've heard things like lactic/glycolic/aha/chemical etc, peels to try at home. Are there any others? And where I can get them? Anything to help even minimally...just so I know I'm doing something for it...

ANY advice will be highly appreciated! biggrin.gif

Thank you SO much..

If they are only 3 months old they may go away. Im no expert on preventing them (cos I have them) so Im sorry I cant help there

PS Ive lived with mine for 12 years..... trying to do something about it now.

If they are only 3 months old they may go away.  Im no expert on preventing them (cos I have them) so Im sorry I cant help there

PS  Ive lived with mine for 12 years..... trying to do something about it now.

Hi Arya,

What sort of scarring do you have? It depends on the type of scarring as to the sort of treatments you should be looking into.

For ice pick scarring:

TCA CROSS

Needling

Punch floats

Punch Excision

For rolling scarring:

Needling

Subcision

Scalpel Excision

Smoothbeam

and possibly Dermabrasion

or Fillers (restylane, isolagen etc)

For Boxcars:

Needling

Subcision

TCA CROSS

As far as things you can be doing at home, there isn't a great deal you CAN do, but you could look into some of the products recommended in the Red Marks forum. Lactic peels and Puredeming's Intense Gel will help with redness. Some people have found microdermabrasion creams can be good for very shallow scarring.

Good luck with the treatments you decide to have done.

smile.gif

My doctor said to wait a year before you touch your scars. The reason is because during this time your scar improves and may actually disappear completely. If you start tinkering around with your skin before this time you may inhibit the natural healing process and end up with a worse result than if you had done nothin at all.

So just wait a year from the time of your last scar and you you may be pleasantly surprised!

Hmm. It is extremely unlikely that the scar will heal of its own accord within a year, although the redness in the scar tissue will fade significantly, so this may be what your doctor is referring to.

Also, if you have taken roaccutane/accutane then you should wait a year before undergoing anything invasive such as needling, dermabrasion, subcision etc, and at least 6 months before using acid peels or undergoing non-ablative laser treatment such as smoothbeam and N-lite.

You're welcome. smile.gif

Bear in mind that things like manuka honey, puredeming products and acid peels will probably not help your scars, but they will improve overall skin condition and help fade red marks.

Good luck. biggrin.gif