Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
rush02

Diet and Prescription drugs?

I was on diane 35 acne therapy for about 3 years and went off of it to find that my acne came back like craaazy...I have recently tried eliminating dairy from my diet and it seems to be working but i was wondering why dairy did not irritate my skin while i was on "the pill"...any thoughts?

I was on diane 35 acne therapy for about 3 years and went off of it to find that my acne came back like craaazy...I have recently tried eliminating dairy from my diet and it seems to be working but i was wondering why dairy did not irritate my skin while i was on "the pill"...any thoughts?

Rush,

You didn't say wether Diane cleared your or only improved your skin. Were you still breaking out to some degree? I ask because I was able to eat a ton of foods that I can't eat now while on Birth Control and Spironolactone (kinda like a combo Diane) and I still wasn't clear, but they did help. Now that I've eliminated those foods, I'm 99%+ clear and I don't even need the Spiro (on lower dose for hirsutism) or other drugs I used be on. So I guess my point is that some people are lucky enough to find that a pill or supplement can override whatever effect an "anti-acne diet" would give them.

My acne was bad and the diane 35 made it absolutely 100% clear minus the odd time when i'd flare up which was rare. and i had cystic acne, the worst kind. The milk thing had been working well for like 2 months but i have just recently broken out sans milk sad.gif i cheated in the last 2 weeks and had some sort of milk beverage twice. i guess that's all it took. ugh. Thanks for the input.

i was on diane for about 2 weeks and my horrible skin is even worse, even though i stopped taking it it's the same...i don't know if it's just because of the diane, but i won't even leave the house, whereas before i would but very reluctantly...i didn't think it could possibly get any worse but alas, my misery has reached new heights