Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mike24

acne, acne medication and skin aging

hi,

i've been thinking, since most of us here are young, im guessing the majority under 30, and take all kinds of drugs and creams and god knows what, that didnt exist for the most part until the last 2 or maybe 3 deacdes , have u ever given thought that maybe 20 years from now we'll be without acne but look like dried old prunes?

I've thought of it too, but what's the alternative? My husband is 30 and he looks much older than he is because his skin is so scarred from acne. He looks "weathered". At least without the acne we can get normal people wrinkles and look old!

Hey Y'all, am I missing something? Why would we all look like dried up old prunes if we're using sunscreen all the time, which we're supposed to be doing while on acne meds?

If it's reassuring to anyone, I used topicals for ten years before starting accutane this fall, and my skin looks much younger than my age (28). I started wearing sunscreen religiously when I was twenty- every morning as long as it contained one of the following: parsol, zinc oxide, or titanium dioxide. Only these three ingredients provide total UV protection (or at least the best that's available now aside from Mexoryl which is not available in the States yet). This has paid off for me as I have extremely pale dry skin, the kind that wrinkles quick. So far so good. I hope this encourages everyone to be religious (dogmatic, fanatical, evangelical!) about using sunscreen... love, berry