Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest lawnboy

Life

On a scale of 1-10, do you think people would like you better if your Acne went away?  

39 members have voted

1. 1. On a scale of 1-10, do you think people would like you better if your Acne went away?

Guest lawnboy

this is just a little poll so i can see if other people with acne think similarly to myself. personally i think life might be better, but it would be easier for me to make life better if there was no acne to ruin my self esteem...

Guest OnlyJoe

1 being the lowest, i dont think popel would perceive me any different... if anythink it will make me more confident to talk to people, therefore i may be like by more people.

It's simply a fact that someone who looks good is automatically accepted easier. Isn't there a saying that goes: "If you want to be succesful, you have to look and act succesful."? Say for instance two guys apply for a job, and they're both equal in qualification, but one is good looking and the other is ugly, smelly, whatever. Who gets the job?

Secondly, if I didn't have acne, I'd feel better and instantly feel more free to do the things I always wanted to do, and thus be more confident. Doing things without worrying that people will judge me for it.

The second point I mentioned can be faked though... You can still pretend to be confident, it's just harder with acne.

That's my opinion on the case anyway.

It's simply a fact that someone who looks good is automatically accepted easier. Isn't there a saying that goes: "If you want to be succesful, you have to look and act succesful."? Say for instance two guys apply for a job, and they're both equal in qualification, but one is good looking and the other is ugly, smelly, whatever. Who gets the job?

Guest OnlyJoe

thats not true, they wouldnt hire anyone who looks like they dont make an effort, and sadly acne gives that impression.

look around on the net, many people find it hard to get a job with acne.

thats not true, they wouldnt hire anyone who looks like they dont make an effort, and sadly acne gives that impression.

look around on the net, many people find it hard to get a job with acne.

Guest OnlyJoe

in the corporate world, a man gives more of an impression without acne, say for instance he is giving a presentation... people pay more attention if the man is young, vibrant, good looking, well dressed and clean. even if people arent shallow its something thats psychological and very hard to control.

People would like me better because I'd be a more positive and happy person. People don't dislike me for having acne, I actually have lots of friends. However, people can get frustrated with me when I get really down and depressed about it. Acne affects my mood and brings down my confidence.

People would like me better because I'd be a more positive and happy person.  People don't dislike me for having acne, I actually have lots of friends.  However, people can get frustrated with me when I get really down and depressed about it.  Acne affects my mood and brings down my confidence.

Well, I think they might like me better if I didn't have acne. I would be more cuter. I would be a chatter box.

Right now I'm very quiet and I tried to be invisible.... so no one would notice this acne on my face.

Sorry Joe I disagree everyday I see guys and girls with acne coming up the racks taking on projects due to performance.  I am not saying it doesn’t happen.  What I am saying is the older you get the less it matters and the focus turns.

I have been to a few presentations by a person in their early 30’s that has severe acne the kind that looks very painful, and I will admit comments have been made about it in the office BUT guess who gets the pick of the projects, everyone want to be on his team because his team is the one always getting the free lunches as a thanks from the boss.

TML, you are right about confidence it does effect people.  This person knows his shit and is not afraid to let you know.

EDIT :  lol.gif  I might add I work in IT Projects and sometimes I think the geeker you look the better.

YES

I've already been there. Went on Accutane , cleared up my skin, and all of a sudden people were much nicer to me. Better service in stores, people holding the door for me instead of letting it slam in my face, more guys asked me on dates.. mostly people treated me like a normal person. There are a lot of insensitive people out there who think they don't have to be nice to you if you don't look a certain way.

YES

I've already been there. Went on Accutane , cleared up my skin, and all of a sudden people were much nicer to me. Better service in stores, people holding the door for me instead of letting it slam in my face, more guys asked me on dates.. mostly people treated me like a normal person.  There are a lot of insensitive people out there who think they don't have to be nice to you if you don't look a certain way.