Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
~TEPL0~

Perception of acne depends on your surroundings?

Interesting thought.. what you think about yourself is caused almost 100% by people around you. There are people with mild acne, freaking out about it, and others have severe cysts, and they couldn't care less.

In highschool I had severe acne, but I didn't really care too much about it. I had no idea that I was supposed to feel bad, or ashamed, or whatever. No one had ever made a comment about it, because I went to a small private school where everyone was smart and helpful. People treated everyone with respect.

One day, a friend of mine gave me some advice on treating acne, then my parents, and another time, a guy on the train. They all meant well, but somehow, just from those incidents, I became more concious about my appearance. It also inspired me to find my cure for acne, but my self-confidence went down.

so.. do you think it's better to have acne and not know that it's a problem, or cure your acne, but still feel bad about your appearance?

not know its a problem, but when ppl tell u to buy clearasil u figure out its a problem

Guest OnlyJoe

lol when people tell you to buy clearasil its even more aparent there ignorant.... then again ignorance is bliss

What really influenced me in highschool was another kid who had severe acne. We had swimming lessons ever week, and his entire face and back was covered in cysts. I myself had mild/moderate-ish acne; but never saw it as a problem.

Anyway, I often overheard people talking behind the kids back, about how horrible his acne was, and I guess that made me really self-concious about my own acne. I couldn't ever let it get as far as his.

I guess I've been obsessed with it ever since.