Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest OnlyJoe

Lock them away?

Guest OnlyJoe

Is it wrong to keep feelings locked away.

*EXAMPLE*

I have a friend, he's got the brain of a 5 year old in the way he states the obvious without realising his insensitivity.

We were out the other day and he turned to me and said "Why have you got so many spots, you should really go to the doctors about that" in his own way he was trying to help.

NOW, instead of turning around and saying "for your information ive been going to the doctors about 'it' for the last 4 years" but i know showing any kind of emotional weakness in front of my friends will then open the gate to abuse. none of them have suffered from acne and dont know whats it like, i know that they wouldnt intentionally want to hurt my feelings, they are good guys but just dont understand.

Comments like this happen all the time and i shrug my shoulders and try not to look bothered, next time it happens its gonna be REALLY tough to take it on the chin, without letting loose.

With this in mind:

Is it ok to keep feelings locked away?

Anyone in my situation that overcome it?

If you havent been in my situation what would you do?????

Guest lawnboy

In my mind I think that i might tell off that person for their comment, tell them that I do go to the doctors etc. But I think that if it were to really happen I would become quite embarressed and look for the soonest possible escape from the situation...

some people act like that, i act like that, i dont comment on peoples spots though or anything else.. im just really bad at common sense, but acne made me learn this stuff.. one time my bro told me to touch the oven and i almost did.. :/

omg but damn am i good with women

Guest OnlyJoe

"omg but damn am i good with women"

C'mon Dr. love, we want advice, i get women but they usually find out what im really like.

Guest OnlyJoe

lol, i was only kiddin.

!! you could get your own forum "Pika's love tips"

Is it wrong to keep feelings locked away.

*EXAMPLE*

I have a friend, he's got the brain of a 5 year old in the way he states the obvious without realising his insensitivity.

We were out the other day and he turned to me and said "Why have you got so many spots, you should really go to the doctors about that" in his own way he was trying to help.

NOW, instead of turning around and saying "for your information ive been going to the doctors about 'it' for the last 4 years" but i know showing any kind of emotional weakness in front of my friends will then open the gate to abuse. none of them have suffered from acne and dont know whats it like, i know that they wouldnt intentionally want to hurt my feelings, they are good guys but just dont understand.

Comments like this happen all the time and i shrug my shoulders and try not to look bothered, next time it happens its gonna be REALLY tough to take it on the chin, without letting loose.

With this in mind:

Is it ok to keep feelings locked away?

Anyone in my situation that overcome it?

If you havent been in my situation what would you do?????

Edited by o_Adam_o

Guest OnlyJoe

i know what your saying, but you know what guys are like... friends just diss each other, it goes without saying.

People can be jerks. I usually lock up my feelings too, but I have learned that by not saying anything, you have this rage that builds up and suddenly you go off on people for the smallest reasons. You dont want to do that. Instead of ignoring comments that are hurtful I started telling people "That was hurtful and unessesary eusa_eh.gif ." I know it sounds corny, but it makes me feel better for saying something and people will usually apologize. If all else fails you can always go with adams advice.

some people act like that, i act like that, i dont comment on peoples spots though or anything else.. im just really bad at common sense, but acne made me learn this stuff.. one time my bro told me to touch the oven and i almost did.. :/

omg but damn am i good with women

People used to be like that when I was younger, say 13 years old. But I kinda laughed it off.

I'm sure many people like me have kept these feelings locked away for years and years.

Byz