Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Just a depressive and rather sick story of what happened to me today for anyone who is willing to read.

I had a class today in college, with about 200-300 other people in the auditorium. I'm feeling pretty crappy, because I'm having the worst acne I've ever had in my life. (Moderate acne all over my face and back). I know I have to go to this lesson, even though it's optional, because my exams are next week.

So I just sit down on a random spot, avoiding anyone I know, and not talking to anyone. I'm feeling pretty bad, but I try to focus on the professor.

All goes ok-ish, until suddenly one of my zits decides to pop by itself. Yeah, you heard me, I didn't make a move, didn't touch my face, it just simply burst. I could feel the blood coming out and flowing over my skin.

So what the hell was I to do in this situation? Pack my bags and leave, making a big scene and drawing attention to myself? Ask for a tissue and sit there patting my face? Hell no... I just pretended I didn't realize what was going on.

Naturally it felt awful, and I couldn't concentrate anymore. The class went on for 3 hours... By the end I had a nice crust on my right cheek...

So yeah, I'm pretty depressed right now.

But in a way it's ok, isn't it? I mean, you need disfigured people too, so that good looking people can feel better about themselves. People who suffer from acne, or any other physical disfigurement only make up a small portion of the population anyway. So why should anyone care? If 9/10 people are happy about themselves, then it's statistically really good, and no one cares about the other 1/10.

That last bit was just random rant that I was thinking of earlier...

Guest OnlyJoe

yeah thats shit, but try not to let it get you down to much.

Remember, a confident person with acne is more atractive than a depressed guy without.

I like to do my fair share of ranting but try not to let acne affect me too much.

I know this... I try to tell it to myself ever single day, but the truth is that it's probably too late for me. I've let it get too deep, and now it's become a mental problem.

I'll give you another example: I live in a dorm, in a hallway with 10 other people. We share a kitchen. I used to go eat there with everyone else at the beginning of the collegeyear, but since a few weeks, every time I came back from classes, I went to my room, looked at the mirror, couldn't believe I walked around all day like this, and locked myself in my room.

I don't see the people I live with very often, I'm constantly in my room. I only see them when I meet them by accident on the hallway. Sometimes they ask me why I'm so absent, and I just tell them that I have examstress and need to be alone. They find it sortof funny I and tell me that it's not healthy to lock myself in my room...

I know all this! Ofcourse, I'm not stupid. do you think I enjoy being in my room throughout the day? But I'm just tired of being judged...

Also, I have a theory about feeling good about the way you look good, hear this: It's not how good you look, it's how much better or worse you look that the day before that determines your mood. You may look bad, but if you look better then a few days ago, you'll automatically feel better and be more confident, even if you still look bad in the eyes of others.

I'm having the opposite. I'm looking increasingly worse. Thus, I feel bad every day. This will not stop until I start looking better, I'm sure of it.

Guest OnlyJoe

Im in the same boat as you mate, most people here are. when i need to talk vent or talk about my problems i post here, i dont have anybody else to talk to.luckily most people here arent insesitive and understand what im going through. as im sure you can relate with most people here.

"Remember, a confident person with acne is more atractive than a depressed guy without."

This is what i tell myself to try and not become so depressesed 24/7, and as i am depressed, im probally not the best person to get advice from.

All i can say is try to take the good with the bad, the rough with the smooth. something goods bound to happen eventually smile.gif

Again you're right. Let's hope "eventually" is soon.

I just posted this here cause I needed to get this off my chest, and like you said, I have no one I can talk to that would understand. Thanks for reading, anyway.

dude u can gt rid of it just do accutane or somthing, im 22 and had it for along ass time right now im on 20 mh of ino retin=a micro and clidamycin. shyt if thta dont wor well enough ill just do accutane .. plastic surgery whtever it takes lol, but u can get rid of it man, gl

omg this kinda happened to me like 5 months ago. I was in class, and a pimple just popped. I was sitting right by the door so it was easy for me to get out fast and I went straight for the bathroom. I was wiping my poor face and then this girl tells me, "Popped one?" then laughs and walks away. bitch. Although she made it seemed like she was making a joke, it wasn't funny.

Anyway, I feel bad myself so I don't know what to tell you. Just remember that you're not the only one going through this. Hope you feel better.

Johny: I'm not going to do accutane. Not soon anyway. I'm "only" 18. I'm actually afraid of what effect accutane might have on me. I don't actually have cystic acne, I only get a cyst every once in a while... If I still have bad acne by the age of 20, I'll concider it, but not yet.

Pinay: Although nothing anyone says here can acutally help me, it does make me feel better that at least a select few people in the world can understand... thanks

Guest OnlyJoe

People are so unnecessarily skeptical about accutane... maybe you should consider it now?

I'm on the regimen right now. I'm gonna give it a few months more. See if it helps. If it doesn't, fine, I'll give accutane a go. My dermatoligist told me that she'd prescribe it to me if I really wanted.

She was actually the one who scared me by explaining to me what the side-effects were. The one I'm most afraid of is depression... What good is an acne treatment that makes you depressed as you go along?

Guest OnlyJoe

yeah, they have the tendancy to do that... there just under pressure form the FDA to dish out the warning because they dont like the lawsuits.

but that in mind there definatley are some serious side effects there, just be confident if your self (meaning, dont go on it if your seriously depressed)

Best of luck fighting acne UnNamed!

I'm on the regimen right now. I'm gonna give it a few months more. See if it helps. If it doesn't, fine, I'll give accutane a go. My dermatoligist told me that she'd prescribe it to me if I really wanted.

She was actually the one who scared me by explaining to me what the side-effects were. The one I'm most afraid of is depression... What good is an acne treatment that makes you depressed as you go along?

So what the hell was I to do in this situation? Pack my bags and leave, making a big scene and drawing attention to myself? Ask for a tissue and sit there patting my face? Hell no... I just pretended I didn't realize what was going on.

Guest Shjaker
but since a few weeks, every time I came back from classes, I went to my room, looked at the mirror, couldn't believe I walked around all day like this, and locked myself in my room.

zits popping on their own... weird. happened to me once, no blood, but I was feeling the side of my nose where a zit was, and all the puss from the zit was outside somehow

how can a pimple just pop by itself? Sorry but I don't see how it could happen.

My never pop even of I want them to or fore them to. I guess it's better than having one pop randomly...

actually, if you think that the zit is "ready" then pop it yourself. If it's about to pop by itself than I'm sure there won't be any problem with popping it yourself. There is only a thin layer of skin over it, right??