Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ben16

Yet another few questions about the right food...

I want to quit on dairy completely but i was wondering, is there anything else i can substitute dairy products with?

Also, I've been reading that if you're to cheat and to eat chocolate, best go for organic chocolate.. i took a look at this healthfoodstore in my area and they have plenty of organic dark chocolate and i believe all are made from cane sugar..is that good or bad?

also, i got some white tea! it didn't even taste gross so if it really does contain as many anti oxidants as i read it does, then i guess its a pretty good thing drinking it! wasn't even that expensive...

and i know that fruits and veggies are always good but some fruits are very high in sugar right and therefore best to be avoided, right? in which case, are we talking about fruits such as, mango, apples other than granny smiths, water melon, melon, plums, cranberries.... can you add more?

another question of mine is... like whenever i keep my carbs intake low, i always feel so low and weak.. barely any energy left... but i always hear people say.. '' due to this great diet, my energy levels have been through the roof'' , how can you achieve that and still remain on a low carbs diet...

thanks for answering...

I want to quit on dairy completely but i was wondering, is there anything else i can substitute dairy products with?

Also, I've been reading that if you're to cheat and to eat chocolate, best go for organic chocolate.. i took a look at this healthfoodstore in my area and they have plenty of organic dark chocolate and i believe all are made from cane sugar..is that good or bad?

also, i got some white tea! it didn't even taste gross so if it really does contain as many anti oxidants as i read it does, then i guess its a pretty good thing drinking it! wasn't even that expensive...

and i know that fruits and veggies are always good but some fruits are very high in sugar right and therefore best to be avoided, right? in which case, are we talking about fruits such as, mango, apples other than granny smiths, water melon, melon, plums, cranberries.... can you add more?

another question of mine is... like whenever i keep my carbs intake low, i always feel so low and weak.. barely any energy left... but i always hear people say.. '' due to this great diet, my energy levels have been through the roof'' , how can you achieve that and still remain on a low carbs diet...

thanks for answering...

Iodine. Avoid it, because it causes acne in some people (like me).

No sea food, no iodized salt, no fish, seaweed or anything that lives in the water.

Dr. Mercola's Comment

Freshly squeezed fruit juice has about eight full teaspoons of sugar per eight-ounce glass. This sugar is typically a fruit sugar called fructose, which is every bit as dangerous as regular table sugar since it will also cause a major increase in insulin levels.

This doesn’t mean that you should avoid fruit, just fruit juice. When the fruit is intact and whole, its fiber will somewhat moderate the release of fructose into the bloodstream as well as somewhat moderate insulin release.

However, if you are overweight, have high blood pressure or high blood sugar, it would probably be wise to avoid most fruits until you have these problems under control.

This is especially true if you are a protein Metabolic Type. Carb/vegetarian types do far better with fruits, especially citrus fruits, in general.

Berries, especially blueberries, raspberries and cranberries, are some of the healthiest fruits as they are loaded with powerful antioxidants and have relatively small amounts of sugar.

---

I never knew berries were really that high in anti oxidants and low in sugar! I guess I'll start consuming those then... To be honest I never had any berries except for strawberries, but like blueberries, rapsberry and cranberries,are you supposed to eat them just raw? Are you supposed to wash them first?

I don't drink any dairy substitutes but the best ones to go with are either rice milk(Make sure it's gluten free if you're doing a gluten-free diet) or almond milk.

What about goat milk? I heard it's lactose free and low fat/cholesterol. Is it good?

Why do you avoid bananas ?

Why don't you eat tomatoes?

Are complex carbs bad for acne? I though it is simple carbs that are bad?!!

Dr. Mercola's Comment

Freshly squeezed fruit juice has about eight full teaspoons of sugar per eight-ounce glass. This sugar is typically a fruit sugar called fructose, which is every bit as dangerous as regular table sugar since it will also cause a major increase in insulin levels.

That's interesting...I've always heard that rice products have HIGH glycemic indexes.  Where did you get that info about "long grain brown rice"?

Bryan

It's low on a comparison basis. Long grain brown rice is the lowest GI rice with a steamed bowl of long grain brown rice having a GI of ~ 50. I don't recall where exactly I got this from, but it was from some searches on google regarding GI values in the past.