Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hello,

Just recently my mom told me to start taking fish oil...a tea spoon a day or the oil.

She says its really good for you no matter your age. Is this true?

Should I start taking fish oil every day?

I was at the health foods store yesterday and I was checking out the fish oil it says it contains fatty acid linolenic, EPA and DHA which are omega-3 fatty acids.

Hello,

Just recently my mom told me to start taking fish oil...a tea spoon a day or the oil.

She says its really good for you no matter your age. Is this true?

Should I start taking fish oil every day?

I was at the health foods store yesterday and I was checking out the fish oil it says it contains fatty acid linolenic, EPA and DHA which are omega-3 fatty acids.

I started taking Cod Liver Oil(Twinlab 12oz. cherry bottle). I take 1 tablespoon a day in the morning. This brand is cheap(I paid ~6$ for the 12oz bottle) and I feel good about it(It's nitrogen flushed to prevent oxidation and they add vitamin C,E to prevent oxidation as well).

I strongly suggest adding a small amount of BHT to the bottle as soon as you open it the first time (a couple hundred milligrams or so should be sufficient).  I wouldn't rely on just vitamins C and E as antioxidants, considering that DHA and EPA are the most highly unsaturated fatty acids in existence.  (BTW, the BHT may also help acne, too!  I've been meaning to post about that theory...)

Bryan

and to think here I was annoyed that they put BHT in my skin bar (it's a suspected carcinogen-multiple studies) (like that's really all that surprising for a phenol).