Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

day 9 on retin a micro .4

ok..slight flaking at the corners of mouth...crusting and drying around pimples...a huge new pimple today on the cheekbone spot. my skin does not feel like a baby's ass...it feels luimpy and dry...i moisterize every morning...wtf gives....someone pelaseeeeeeeee help!

ames wacko.gif

maybe your useing to much? just use a pea size.. ask your derm for clindamycin lotion to use twice a day its really moisturizing.

your supposed to wait 2 months for real results. I've been using it for probably 3.5

use as little as possible, mix with some moisturizer evenly to apply it easier. the reason for using a little is so it doesn't irritate your skin and break you out, but your skin will start to get used to it so it shouldn't be a problem in a month or two, as long as your not using way too much

I've had the same problem around the mouth, and i think i got some zits because of it, don't apply it there, or at least be careful a lump isn't sitting there when you falll asleep or something

stick with a a pea or smaller size

day 10...

still nada...no irritation...no peeling....no redness.. .just a little flakey..old pimples seem to be diminishing faster

i have started retin a micro at the same time as my roommate...and he looks like shit now...his face is red like a horny babboons ass.....like he put on a red mask...or smeared red lipstick all over his face....and the skin is like dried feet...wrinkly and peeling in layers like dried elmers glue.....we are asian so that deffinately does not look good on our skin color....but at least he is slim like most asians...im like 135 lbs but im called obese already...but i guess that belongs in the obesity forum not here

at times i thank the lord that i don't look like that...but at least he knows the medication is having some sort of effect on him.

my skin looks crystal clear in pictures...the miracle of the flash..does anyone want to see my ugly face and tell me my skin isn't that bad? how to post up the pic?

there is a hugggeee cyst on the left side of my cheek...on cheekbone..it would have been Marilyn Monroe sexy if it was a damn mole..but NOPE...instead it looks like rudolph left his nose behind where the mole would have been..sigh...

just felt like venting... eusa_wall.gif

ames

thanks johnny for reply...my skin is not irritated...i dont feel the "sunburn" or itch or tightness...i can deal witht he flakiness..but isnt retin supposed to make your skin smooth? mine is lumpy...and lots of lil comedomes...blahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

wats your experience with retin a?

ames doubt.gif

hi

hope so.... ance really makes me wanna cry...one pimple or ten..the same shit..becuz of the acne scars...boo

my focking parents just blame me and my poor diet...

HELLO...i dont eat sugar..i dont eat white bread..i hardly eat meat...i live on basically veggies and fruits...if eating healthy gives me ance then pass over the focking fried chicken!! stupid inconsiderate parents...

they are forever telling me "oh god, look at your face..full of acne"...or "damn u are getting fat..better lay off the midnight snacking"...ugh....!!!!!!! god give me strength...im about to kill them both!

boo

ames evil.gif

hey piggle,

hang in there... i've tried everything: retin a micro... salicylic acid/ benzoyl perox... differin... spiro & ortho-tri-lo... minocyclin... glycolic acid treatments... chinese acupuncture... veggie therapy...

HONESTLY... NOTHING has worked, except the retin a micro. i used it 2 years ago... and i was SOOOOOOOO clear. unfortunately, i'm breaking out like crazy again. i was considering going on it again, but we'll see...

and your experience with retin a micro sounds pretty good. my face was literally falling off when i used it. every morning i washed my face, i would peel so much, it was kinda gross. but hey, it was worth it cuz my skin was PERFECT after i used it!

hope this provides some encouragement!

day 11....

NAda...no itch..no peeling skin...no irritation...big big red pimple still here...

my skin feels so rough and bumpy ever since i started retin a...

tell me audrey ( BTW...i LOVE the name audrey)....what was your expereince with retin a micro.... this is my first real acne medication and its freaking me out....your peeling skin...did it not accelerate the disappearance of acne scars? did it not make your skin smoother? wat about the initial breakout..i am so sososososo scared of it......tell me everything u can remember...thanks

Thanks Audrey for your support

ames lol.gifsmile.gif

hello piggle!

i can honestly say, retin-a micro ROCKS... once you get over the nasty period. i had PERRRRRRFECT SKIN. my acne doesn't really scar... i just nasty bruising (i have cystic acne) so the retin-a micro totally exfoliatated like crazy... got rid of the "plugs" then got rid of the scars. NICE NICE SKIN... ppl were like, dude you have such great skin! i was like... uh... i had volcanic explosions on my face before, but i'm glad you think i have nice skin now! smile.gif

BUT (there's always that BUT right? hehe). now i am breaking out like crazy again. i think my acne is due to the spiro that i was on... i quit taking it bc i couldn't handle the explosions all over my face. and now i am getting better again. slowly.

but for your purposes and retin a micro... seriously, the first few weeks (or month?) was just AWFUL... nasty white pus coming out (Which i couldn't even pop cuz doc said not to)... here, i'm going to get a little more graphic (thank goodness this is anonymous)... but everytime i washed my face, and even GENTLY rubbed my face, rolls would come off (you know, like dead skin, but in rolls).

i know... gross, but hey, nobody but you actually sees it. and then you look sunburned (lotsa ppl were like, did you get burned?).

ew ew ew~ but in the end. it was worth it. i would do it again, but my skin is SO thinned out now (too much medication etc) and i am exhausted with acne treatments.

SO HANG IN THERE!!!! great skin is totally worth the temporary trauma. eusa_clap.gif

OH! and one more thing...

i remember my face was SO freakin dry and peeled off that it would sting like CRAZY when i would put even MOISTURIZER FOR DRY SKIN on! yep, i felt like someone was pouring acid all over my face, so i would fan it, while the moisturizer stopped stinging.

so i think dryness is a positive thing? cuz it means it getting rid of all the oil or something? i started getting more adventurous and putting a BUNCH all over my face (that might have explained the massive level of exfoliation). guess i should had stuck to just a pea-sized amount as directed.

i think i used 1.75 tubes. and then stopped cuz my poor face was so red. i wanted to give it a little break... i should had stuck to it for at least 6 months. darn. eusa_doh.gif

day 12...

nada...no irritation....no sting....veryyyy slight redness..just a bit flakey...retin a seems to shrink pimples fast...the whopper cyst or nodule i had 2 days ago seems to be shrinking...

ack today i popped a old pimple/nodule...it was flattened out prob due to retin a..but there was a little blood trapped...so stupid me just picked at it to let the blood out...i am feeling soooo guilty and scared now...

hi audrey!

this is my second week and nothing really seems to be happening hmm..i know its a slow slow slow process but blah! i am hoping i can miraculously skip the initial break out !!!! audrey..when did u start your initital breakout? how severe was your acne to begin with? i never got cyst or nodules until a few months ago when i change from othro tricyclen to seasonale....make me break out liek shit......i switched back again and hope i got my pimples under control.

audrey..can you give me a clear description of wat you went thru..or at least what you can remember of it....sigh...i focking hate acne

ames evil.gif

day 13..

nada...no irritation...no peeling..no redness...slightly flakey...

my skin feels kind aof lumpy...like lots of comedones...uh oh...im sooos cared they will inflame thats the worse....no new pimples ever since i started retin a..old blemishes ( 2) disapear fast while on retin A...the cyst on my face has flattened significantly..usually it would have stayed on my face for weeeeeks end....its still gonna leave a mark tho..booo

entering 3rd week...sooo scared of initial breakout!

keeping fingers crossed for a miracle

ames eusa_pray.gif

hey ms-pigglewiggle im in the same boat as u are ecept im on about day 37 of retina micro. right now i am goin through my initial break out and im not goin to even like its horrible, my pimples r like 10 times orse then they ever been but im still gonna hang in there and c what happens every ones says the more new pimples u have the better its working and i have tons of new pimples so maybe its gonna work really good. well i just wanted to share that with u.

hang in there ms-pigglewiggle

hey piggle!

if i remember correctly... i started having an initial breakout around the 2nd week. and like dan said, yeah it was worse... all the crap coming to the surface i suppose. my acne consisted of mostly of cysts on my cheeks (and forehead).

and then, when i started hitting the period where my face was rolling off everytime i washed it, i stopped using soap... because 1) it stung too much and 2) i didn't think i needed it, being that the whole top layer of my face was coming off even when i just washed with water. this was about... 1.5 months into it? and then you neutralize all the irritation around 3 months.

one thing thing is that even when my acne was all healed, my face was still red. like i was sunburned. i'm asian, so maybe my skin was a little more sensitive, but yeah, i was red. post using retin-a-mico... my skin "healed" and turned normal after like.... 6 months or so...

so basically: expect a bunch of new zits to come up...

a lot of redness, rawness, and peeling,

and then BEAUTIFUL SKIN~!

ps... when you say "LUMPY" do you mean, like discoloration, or it FEELS lumpy, like there are big ass zits there, but they are just too deep to be out to the surface yet? cuz maybe the lumpiness is the retin a pushing all the old stuff to the surface.

Hiya Audrey

Cool..im asian too!

wat i mean by lumpy is..whiteheads...lots of it! =( i pray they dont inflame..its like having a field of timebombs...sigh!!! my skin is tolerating the retin a veryyy well becuz i experience none of what you experienced..perhaps i can skip the breakout! sigh..i hate breakouts becuz the leftover red marks makes it seem like you still have active acne....balh

thanks again for your support

ames ninja.gif

hi dan

thanks for your reply and info!!! ugh....37 days and then your initial breakout? were you breaking out anytime before that? omg..now i am so so so scared...

im in my 14th day and not a single new pimple...and i pray it stays that way. my period is going to come soon and maybe i will get a few hormonal zits...boo more scars...sigh.......are your zits coming and going fast though? do they leave red marks? did you skin tolerate the retin a from the begining? did you get the peeling skin and all? wat type of acne did you have prior to retin a micro?

i had mild but persisitant acne...i just hate the red marks....pooey!!!

thanks again! cry.gif

I was on tazorac gel .1%, and then the derm put me on Retin A Micro. Retin A causes me to break out, so I stay off it. When I go back on Tazorac, it clears up.

Retin A Micro also gives me red dry patches. Dont like it. eusa_naughty.gif

piggy i would have to say my acne was mild and very persistent. i started breaking out on the third weak a lil more but now im breaking out horibbly. i cant tell how quickly they go away because there r new ones all the time. at first i had no symptoms but now my skin is slightly red and itches a lil bit. im not trying to scare u but im just being honest... my face is the worst it has been ever and its driving me crazy. but everyone says it gets worse before it gets better. so when it gets better i will let u know. the worst part is that the zits r leaving redmarks even when i dont pop them. but i went a lil crazy today and started popping alote of my pimples which i now is bad but i couldnt take it. soo ill prolly have alote of redmarks tomorrow

day 14

nada..no irritation..no peeling..no sunburn face...no break out..thank god!!!

hope it's working...

the under the skin pimple thats been lurking about for months is comign to a head! i popped an advil hopign it will kill it sooner! sigh another pimple another red mark..boo

ames smile.gif

day 15

nada nada and nada...

dan...i have mild but persistant acne too. i started breaking out once i hit purberty...like small ones on my t-zones when i was 16...nothing serious...then it started getting worse...now i get it on cheeks and chin but not nose and forehead. ugh...lately my pimples been nodules and that leaves nasty marks...

i dont know man..im weighing the pro and cons of retin a micro...if it makes you break out like crap then we will be left with a crap load of redmarks that takes an eternity to fade....sigh...

dan you say that u started breaking out at week 3..but did u get pimples during that first 3 weeks?

dan...how many pimples would you get a week and where do you get it often. I want to compare our acne...thanks

ames rolleyes.gif

day 16..

nada nada and nada...

one tiny pimple on my forhead...another tiny one on the lower part of my cheek..and a cyst that has finally surfaced into a papstule. the cyst on my upper left cheek is healing..now that it's more dried it looks ass if its 3 pimples connected into one whooper. the cyst on my left cheek was a few days ago and the blood juice was drained but theres still a little bump there...does it mean not all the shit came out? will it leave a crater scar? im sooo scared of crater scars and ance scars in general...

why do some people scar and some dont? ( stupid question but i am curious)

i noticed today that pores have shrunken noticably and my blackhead infested nose have subsided as well... as if retin a pushed out all the blackheads and washed off in the shower...

i am still hoping for the skipping of the initial breakout...

people who are afraid to use retin a..don't be afraid..tis not that bad..

ames cool.gif

hey everyone!! im on my 5 or almost 6 weeks on retin-a and i think im getting the initial breakout, i thought i already got the initial breakout but it seems to be getting worse everyday. I'm glad to know im not the only one going through this. Iv'e been on accutane and almost every medicine out there and im getting really tired of this process of waiting to see if it will work or not. I'm just about to quit using this stuff cuz it's so embarassing when the skin is peeling off like crazy. so please share your success stories so it will give me some kind off hope to stick this cream.