Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Gwen

Sleeping without a pillow good for acne

Hi,

I just found out from a friend (who read this in some meds magazine) that one of the best ways to get rid of acne and prevent new one is to sleep without a pillow. This seems to help the blood circulate better and this will result in clean, clear, healthy looking skin!

So if you don't sleep on a pillow, what do you sleep on? Your arms or just the bed itself?

I myself am really careful with pillows. I have several pillow covers, and I change them very regularly. I don't know if it actually helps, but theoretically it should.

No way. Acne is not caused by too little blood circulation, and even if it was, not sleeping on a pillow wouldn't help. Also, the p.acnes bacteria that causes acne already lives inside your body in enormous quantities, in all people, and there is no need for it to enter through dirty pillows.

i think any pressure on your face will help create spots, especially a pillow which would have a lot of tiny bacteria in it.

I think alot of chin acne if from the duvet, who knows?

Hmm it would be nice if this worked but then by doing this it should help bacne... which i dont think it does ... hey im not saying it doesnt work im just a skeptic.

Guest Keeley

Wouldnt sleeping without a pillow give you a really bad neck ache?

Hi,

I just found out from a friend (who read this in some meds magazine) that one of the best ways to get rid of acne and prevent new one is to sleep without a pillow. This seems to help the blood circulate better and this will result in clean, clear, healthy looking skin!

i think there's slightly better ways of clearing acne that sleepin without a pillow. anyway thatd give u a sore neck! im not givin up a good nights sleep cos u have some theory having no pillow clears ur acne!!