Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
CheaChea

Help me with my discoloration

All over my face and my chest and back, I have these white circles which was caused when acne healed. Some of them wasnt even that bad of pimples, not big and etc. I am on accutane, so i think this is the problem, It is doing its job by removing all active acne, But these temporarily acne scars[i hope, and think it is temporarily] Look bad. I have a Light Brown skin color. But the real bad thing about these scars is that in the middle of the white circle, their is a red spot. so it makes it look even worst. I just got predisone for the red marks on my face[i didnt know i can use it for red marks], But i only have to take it for a week my derm told me. I am currently on accutane[been off it for a week and a half because of the blood test, then i had to wait for the appointment and results, then i had to get the presicribtion, and now i took it to pharmacy to get my pills but they RAN out of them so i have to wait about 2 more days.] I am also on neoutragena body wash[sA IN IT], and neoutragena skin clearing face wash[sA IN IT] Ever since i stopped taking accutane my skin has gotten so much better in the last week and a half. It is funny because this is the same time i started using products with SA in it. My right cheek[when i started accutane, this was the most place with acne in my whole body] Is clear of pimples, Has a bunch of blackheads though. But my point is that it is pimple free, BUt you wouldnt notice if you saw me in the street because of the red marks[the red marks that dont have the white circles] and because of the discoloration marks i was talking about. I hope this predisone works, If not what other options do i have?

All over my face and my chest and back, I have these white circles which was caused when acne healed. Some of them wasnt even that bad of pimples, not big and etc. I am on accutane, so i think this is the problem, It is doing its job by removing all active acne, But these temporarily acne scars[i hope, and think it is temporarily] Look bad. I have a Light Brown skin color. But the real bad thing about these scars is that in the middle of the white circle, their is a red spot. so it makes it look even worst. I just got predisone for the red marks on my face[i didnt know i can use it for red marks], But i only have to take it for a week my derm told me. I am currently on accutane[been off it for a week and a half because of the blood test, then i had to wait for the appointment and results, then i had to get the presicribtion, and now i took it to pharmacy to get my pills but they RAN out of them so i have to wait about 2 more days.] I am also on neoutragena body wash[sA IN IT], and neoutragena skin clearing face wash[sA IN IT] Ever since i stopped taking accutane my skin has gotten so much better in the last week and a half. It is funny because this is the same time i started using products with SA in it. My right cheek[when i started accutane, this was the most place with acne in my whole body] Is clear of pimples, Has a bunch of blackheads though. But my point is that it is pimple free, BUt you wouldnt notice if you saw me in the street because of the red marks[the red marks that dont have the white circles] and because of the discoloration marks i was talking about. I hope this predisone works, If not what other options do i have?

Hi, there is a separate forum here for treating the red marks from acne. Or you could just ask your doc for a scrip for Tri-luma or a cream containing 2%-4% hydroquinone.