Notifications
Clear all

Top tips while taking Roaccutane/Accutane?

MemberMember
(@carl)

Posted : 01/10/2005 7:59 am

I start taking my Roaccutane when i get my results back from my blood test on Tuesday, i was just wondering, what are your tips whilst taking Roaccutane, ie moisturize, vitamins, and various other products.

Thanks, Carl. cool.gif

MemberMember
(@boston50)

Posted : 01/10/2005 9:05 am

My biggest tips would be to drink lots of water and resist the urge to pick to avoid scarring. Get aquaphor for your lips.

MemberMember
(@snorklesnarf)

Posted : 01/10/2005 9:36 am

yep,

Dont pick and be patient.

GOOD LUCK!!!

MemberMember
(@carl)

Posted : 01/10/2005 10:29 am

Don't pick, and i already drink lots of water, patience... i can't decide that but what about a decent facewash and moisturizer? and (lip balm)

Can i steam my face on accutance, will it help, or make it worse? What about taking Vitamins?

Hope you can help, thanks so far.

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 01/11/2005 5:23 am

Use 1 thing, Dove 1/4 moisturisor for sensative skin for your body and face nothing else. Using 1 product reduces the risk for irritation and for your lips try that aqaphor or use blistex. ... Ahhh steam your face? dude that just makes your face red and do nothing! dont steam ur face .. if anything ICE your face for 2 mins.

Vitamins dont take.

Dont get too stressed over accutane its not THAT bad lol. However i do suggest getting some eyedrops it helps the dryness of the eyes.

MemberMember
(@arpazia)

Posted : 01/11/2005 11:53 am

I agree that drinking a lot of water and buying Aquaphor are two of the best things you can do while on Accutane. Steaming your face only loosens the pores but it could also be irritating. The only time I "steam" my face is in the shower at night and I gentley use my hands to slough away any dry skin.

I do take a lot of vitamins and supplements. Even though I failed at holisitcally trying to cure my acne, taking the vitamins and supplements has improved the appearance of my skin and makes me feel a lot more healthy. More than anything, I recommend Milk Thistle and Dandelion Root for anyone on Accutane since they protect your liver.

MemberMember
(@lovegreensmoothies)

Posted : 01/11/2005 5:16 pm

Definately use eye drops.

Don't drink a lot of alcohol. Report any side effects to your MD.

I'm still trying to figure out which soaps and moisturizers are the best. wink.gif

MemberMember
(@ashleylauren)

Posted : 05/05/2021 3:58 pm

im 4 months in on accutane, i use cetaphil gentle foaming wash and cerave moisturizer and its doing really well!!! also tons of aquaphor and vaseline(the body stick) but i also do steam my face!!!! it clears a lot out and like refreshes me!!! i go like 8-12inches away, i find that when i was purging and had huge active breakouts it took the pressure away for some reason