Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
~TEPL0~

New and improved regimen

nice day outside! in the mood to do something productive..

Amendment to the morning sequence:

first the SA scrub, then the Cetaphil. Works better this way: the SA dislodges the dead skin, and the soap cleans everything up. Hope it makes my skin smoother too - gets rid of the flakiness. One sec, gonna go look in the mirror to check...

yea, nice, it's less flaky!

Time to go shave, put on some moisturizer and have breakfast! biggrin.gif

Good morning. Board was really slow last night, so here are some notes about yesterday:

I ate lots of sweet food and chocolate, lots of oily foods also, pinapples and bananas. I washed my face with Cetaphil before going to bed, and forgot the BP and moisturizer. I did rinse it with filtered water though, and took the B5 as usual. I drank a few cups of "detox" herbal tea. My skin looks incredible. I also drank a lot more water than usual after the detox tea, and also drank a few bottles of "blue machine" drink, which is supposed to have B vitamins. Body acne looks better after I washed with a sea sponge. I'm not ready to prove or disprove anything yet, but for now I can say this:

1. maybe glycemix index has nothing to do with acne?
  2. maybe washing and moisturizing is enough, and no BP is needed?
  3. maybe washing with filtered water is the solution to acne?
  4. maybe the B5 finally kicked in?
  5. maybe the detox tea is the solution to acne?
  6. maybe drinking more water is the solution?
  7. maybe the "blue machine" drink provided the B complex vitamins I needed for the B5 to kick in?

based on all this, I will add a few things to the regimen. Not ready to remove anything yet.

:: Morning ::

• Clean and Clear scrub (exfoliates)
  • Cetaphil antibacterial (removes oil)
  • Rinse with filtered water and let air dry
  • Neutrogena moisturizer with sunscreen
  • Wash body with sea sponge if time allows
:: Night ::
  • Cetaphil
  • Dan's BP in large amounts
  • Moisturizer
:: Other ::
  • 10g of B5 per day
  • Foods with a low glycemic index and low iodine
  • Steam face once per week
  • Drink detox tea late in the day and lots of water after it

just did the morning regimen.. and it's 5 pm.. oh well.. also steamed my face. Everything's going great so far!

waiting for face to dry after evening wash. Used the SA srub before soap, and scrubbed really hard. Thought skin would be irritated, but it feels and looks great! based on how it looks tomorrow, I might start using SA at night.

wow, morning: skin looks really really great. SA at night - definitely. And scrubbing hard.

I'm changing the regimen accordingly.

• Clean and Clear scrub
  • Cetaphil antibacterial

• Clean and Clear scrub
  • Cetaphil antibacterial
  • Dan's BP
  • Moisturizer

• 10g of B5 per day
  • Steam face once per week

Experiment:

I will try the separate eating / drinking thing some people have been using. I don't really believe it, but for the sake of experiment, why not. Let's say 2 hours minimum between eating and drinking.

eating a pint of ice cream last night definitely didn't improve anything; got a couple of small painful cysts on the chin and left cheek. I miss the old minocycline days when I could eat anything. Oh well.. the cysts will be gone soon enough.

The eating / drinking experiment didn't do much yet. We'll see.

I decided to stop using the clean and clear scrub for a bit since i had a nasty painful spot on my t-zone. And i've been just wiping my face with a cotton ball wet with cold water. And it obviously isn`t good enough because 2 days gone and im already seeing red spots on my chin area.

I mean how do u scrub hard with a spot on ur face, won`t u cause it to bleed or scar?

I guess my conclusion is just using water on my face alone isn`t good enough so i need to keep using the scrub i guess eusa_think.gif . But what do i do, wash with it 2 or 3 times daily?

I feel twice isn`t enough and 3 times is sometimes too much!

I thought scrubbing really hard would damage my skin, but it made it very smooth and healthy. Maybe it's because of the round "scrubbers."

I'm still experimenting to see if it's good to use it 1, 2 or 3 times per day, but one thing for sure: put something on your skin after using it, either BP or moisturizer. If I leave my face with nothing on, I break out. The only conclusion I can come up with is that when you scrub away all of the dead cells, your pores are left open and defenseless against bacteria. Moisturizer provides a protective coat for your skin. I get a lot less acne when I use moisturizer. It probably also makes your skin function in a more healthy way.

Experiment with different things, maybe try baking soda / powder, see if you like it. The only way to find out what works and what doesn't is to try it out, and give it a little time to start working / not working.

Neutrogena with SPF 15. Other moisturizers burn my skin for some reason, I found that this is the best one for me.

A little update:

• Clean and Clear scrub
  • Cetaphil antibacterial
  • Clean and Clear scrub
  • Cetaphil antibacterial
  • Dan's BP
  • Moisturizer
  • 10g of B5 per day
  • Eat sweet things in extreme moderation
  • Steam face a few times per week

so today I did the following: for the morning regimen, I first washed off the BP and scrubbed my face with the clean and clear. Then I steamed it, then washed with cetaphil, then rinsed with iced filtered water. Let's see if it brings anything positive.

so today I did the following: for the morning regimen, I first washed off the BP and scrubbed my face with the clean and clear. Then I steamed it, then washed with cetaphil, then rinsed with iced filtered water. Let's see if it brings anything positive.

ok, so the separate eating / drinking thing did nothing for me, but overall, my regimen produced great results. so.. it's time to simplify it!

Let's do a short experiment with Botchla's regimen. Same exact regimen as before, but instead of dan's BP, I'm washing my face with the clean and clear BP wash. Let's give it a week or so to see how it goes.

Alrite mate my regiem is:

My routine

Everyday:

Morning:-

Wash face with cleanser

Moisturise gently (spf15)

During the day:-

Take 40mg Roaccutance

Take 400ui Vitamin E

Take 15mg Zinc

Night:-

Wash face with cleanser

Moisturise gently (spf15)

Saturday nights

Steam face for 10 minutes with facial steamer

Gently scrub face with clean+clear blackhead scrub

Moisturise gently

Other

Drink lots of water - Only water

Eat sensibly

Exercise - Circuits, gym, work, school, etc.

Apply lip balm regulary

Sleep with clean towel every night

Shave with clearasil sensative shave gel and gilette sensor excel

Fitness

Monday - Work

Tuesday - Circuit training

Wednesday - Gym

Thursday Circuit training

Friday - Work

Weekend - Maui thai boxing and loads more.

What do you think i can improve? I was looking at yours, its seem very well changed for you personal preferences, i see you wash with filtered water, does this help you at all? and how can i obtain filiter water, do you fill it up in the night with the water filters for drinking right?

Also what do you think to the zirh products, do you have a opinion on them?

Nice log and its nice to see your skins improving buddy ..all the best.

What do you think i can improve? I was looking at yours, its seem very well changed for you personal preferences, i see you wash with filtered water, does this help you at all? and how can i obtain filiter water, do you fill it up in the night with the water filters for drinking right?

Also what do you think to the zirh products, do you have a opinion on them?

Nice log and its nice to see your skins improving buddy ..all the best.

Current (simplified) regimen:

• Clean and Clear scrub
  • Clean and Clear BP cleanser
  • let air dry
  • Clean and Clear scrub
  • Clean and Clear BP cleanser
  • let air dry
  • Moisturizer
  • 10g of B5 per day
  • Multivitamin with no iodine
  • Eat sweet things in extreme moderation
basically a variation of the Botchla regimen with B5. Doing well so far.

everything's great, I started out this regimen with zits all over the place. Too many to count. Now I have 4, 2 of which are ready to pop. Amazing what a little SA, BP, and vitamins can do.

Hi,

Firstly, congratulations on your regime log and with the success you have been having with it! eusa_clap.gif I find your log very detailed and informative. I like the analytical and scientific approach that you have taken with regards to establishing and building up your regime. I also favour this type of approach with my own personal regime which currently involves the following:

Morning:

- Wash with Neutrogena Original Unscented Soap

- Apply Quinoderm 5% BP cream

- Apply Urban Rites Face Relief Moisturiser

Night:

- Wash with Neutrogena Original Unscented Soap

- Apply 2.5% PanOxyl BP gel

- Apply Urban Rites Face Relief Moisturiser

Other:

- Take multivitamins & minerals tablet daily

- Take additional 15mg zinc tablet daily (total of 30mg/day)

- Exfoiliate ever other day using baking soda

I have mild/moderate acne and in the 10 weeks that I have been on this regime, I have experienced a 90% improvement. Despite this success with using BP, I find I am still getting approximately 1-2 new spots appearing each day (normally on my cheeks or jawline). I also find that despite rubbing the BP cream/gel into my skin and allowing it to fully dry, it still causes bleaching to my clothes, and therefore I have to be very careful so that shirt/coat collars etc don't get bleached, and can't wear a scarf when outside (which is bloody annoying given the cold weather we currently have here in the UK). I also, like you mentioned, don't like having a thick layer on chemicals on my face all day long. Therefore, I've been considered updating my regime to replace using BP with Clean and Clear blackhead clearing scrub during the day. Am also thinking about using a BP wash like Clean and Clear BP cleanser instead of BP cream/gel. I've heard lots of good things from people who've used Clean and Clear blackhead clearing scrub and BP cleanser, but have a number of specific questions about using them:

- Did you find using the combination of Clean and Clear scrub and Dan's BP together to be more effective then just using the Dan's BP on its own?

- Do you find the combination of using the Clean and Clear scrub and Dan's BP to be more or less drying on your skin compared to using Dan's BP on its own?

- Do you find the Clean and Clear BP cleanser to be more effective than Dan's BP? (Also, what's the % BP in the Clean and Clear BP cleanser?)

- Did you find using the Clean and Clear scrub morning and night to be more effective than using it just in the morning?

Any feedback would be useful - thanks and good luck with your regime! biggrin.gif

Hi!

- Did you find using the combination of Clean and Clear scrub and Dan's BP together   to be more effective then just using the Dan's BP on its own?

here's the train of thought which led me to choose the current regimen:

I noticed that going to the pool made my acne go away. I concluded that the chlorine disinfected my face.

I noticed that going to the sauna made my acne go away. I concluded that it's because my dead skin peels off from the heat in the sauna.

Taking these things into account, it looks like clear skin is accomplished by keeping your face clean of dead skin and bacteria-free.

I made that conclusion last summer, and for a while, have been trying different ways of substituting the pool and sauna with home products.

I chose the Clean and Clear Scrub, after trying the following other methods: baking soda, baking powder, tape, scrubbing hard with cetaphil. The scrub turned out to be the least irritating, and the best-working product for removing dead skin.

I chose the BP cleanser, after trying basically all other medications out there. I heard that BP only works for a few hours after you put it on, so I thought, what's the point of walking around with BP on my face all day long? The pool disinfects my face in a few minutes, so the BP cleanser does the same.

I also noticed that without moisturizer, I get breakouts. Why? Not really sure, but I think it's a combination of things: when you just removed all dead skin and killed all bacteria, new bacteria has an easier time getting in. When your face is really dry, your body compensates my making more oil, which leads to more breakouts.

And we can't forget B5 of course, and multivitamins.

The plan is to continue this regimen until I'm 99% clear (right now I have about 4 zits left). After that, I'll try to simplify it even more.

acne is almost all gone. Just a few more days. All I have left is 2-3 very small zits on the lower half of my face, and some tiny tiny ones on the forehead