Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
marce

Needling question .. how deep do have to do ?

Hi guys ..

I ll be doing needling by permenant makeup artist tomorrow .. just wondering .. anyone here know how deep does the needle needs to go ?

I asked her how deep would her machine goes , she said upto 1mm .. is this enough deapth to get collegen to reform ??

thanks for reading my post ..

Hi, the thickness of skin varies a lot, but that should be more than enough to reach/wound the dermis to generate some collagen. Don't let them do much to the good skin in between scars. I hope you have a good result!

oldguy, I am under the impression that you needled the whole area. Mind you, I am talking about alot of scarring with not much good skin in between. I thought I read on this board that this created a smooth texture to the whole face as opposed to spot needling. I guess they thought it would leave ridges. Please, your expert advice would be appreciated!! Linny

Linny, that makes perfect sense to me. If someone had alot of scarring with not much good skin in between, there wouldn’t be a reason to spot treat only the scars. In addition, I think that it might make the skin look more consistent to at least lightly go over the whole face, regardless of the amount of scars.

The problem with that is the face that this treatment can work by damaging the deepest parts of your skin. (The reticular dermis, or even as deep as the subcutaneous layer) Damaging too much of the dermis can lead to further scars, and/or unhealthy skin that will be slow to heal in the future. Damaging too little of the dermis won’t result improvement. Look up the word “dilemma� and you may find a picture of me scratching my head.

oldguy,

Thank you for your quick reply. Remodeling the house so I am just returning to check messages. May I ask another question? I have seen pictures of tattoos after they have been removed and they appear to be raised. Are they raised, if so, is it due to damage or the ink? Someone mentioned that you will never scar with tattooing if done correctly. Is this true? I guess your answer will depend on your having a tattoo or two. Thank You, Linny

Guest niko

Needling can give raised scars if done improperly and/or your skin is extremely fragile so be careful.

Hi guys ..

I ll be doing needling by permenant makeup artist  tomorrow ..  just wondering .. anyone here know how deep does the needle needs to go ?

I asked her how deep would her machine goes , she said upto 1mm  .. is this enough deapth to get collegen to reform ??

thanks for reading my post ..