Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
drewboy

26 day Post dermabrasion Pics

Just gives you an idea of how red I still am. The 1st shot which is prob my best side as far as scarring goes, you can see, Theres no scars left! Second shot theres lots of red marks but hardly any scars, although it looks like I have lots on my temple but those arent scars,I think its just the camera.The red mark on my neck is just a mosquito bite that I've been itching. 3rd shot is just a heads on and yes I need a haircut. You can see the dermabraed line pretty well still unfortunately. Oh well, few more weeks and all will be well. I sure do wish you could see the before pics! Awesome Improvment!

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

I had a few linear scars on both cheeks that were funky looking and rolling scars. Dermabrasion irradicated them.It was explained to me as looking like hills and valleys. Cant wait to take pics with the redness gone, it will make a world of difference. Still seeing around an 85% improvment. I dont think the pics do my case any justice.

I have rolling scars on my cheeks as well. I really don't like them. I'm waiting to see how they look when I'm done accutane.

Drewboy.. How'd you get the linear scars? Your skin looks nearly perfect man. You kinda have that RL Polo model look. What's holding you back from approaching the chics? Don't waste any more time man!!

Drewboy..  How'd you get the linear scars?  Your skin looks nearly perfect man.  You kinda have that RL Polo model look.  What's holding you back from approaching the chics?  Don't waste any more time man!!

wow that's good value for doing your cheeks only. i'd have imagined he'd dermabrade much less of an area than that. gotta love the guy biggrin.gif looking good man i can't believe you're that pink and it's been a month, i'm only 12 days post op and I can't wait till this redness leaves sad.gif

Hi Drewboy,

To the everyday person whos hardly dealt with acne in their life, you would look so normal its not funny! Your skin looks awesome. I don't know what your before picture is like, but congrats on your improvement. You have NOTHING to worry about. Your skin is fine.

Remember we are our own harshest critics.

Hi Drewboy,

You look great! You looked cute before if you don't mind me saying so, and you look even better now.

I had my dermabrasion the day before you, and I am still very pink, much pinker than you, and somewhat lumpy. I have some pix, but I can't post them, I think because they are too big. I have a Kodak easyshare camera, if anyone knows how to make the pix smaller that would be cool.

I am so happy for you!

Thanks a lot for posting the pics! I have no idea what you looked like before the dermabrasion, but you hardly have any scars at all now.

Guest niko

Dammit Drewboy i already convinced myself derma wasn't worth it and than you have to go and post these pictures lol.gif maybe i will keep that appointment after all. looks good drewboy.

Did you have any pitted scarring on your temple and if so what sort of improvement did you receive in that area from dermabrasion?

hey thanks so much for the compliments folks! Lizlee, you can shrink your pics in Microsoft paint. Just go to "image" then "stretch skew" then make them like 50%.

Amazon, not to sure why it looks liek I have scars on my temples. I look in them irror everyday and never noticed them. Maybe they are there but just cant tell.

I think you look good.

I, too, am considering dermabrasion and just had a consult with a doc.

A question, though.

Why didnt your doc continue the procedure up to the nose. Even if it didnt need it, it seems like the risk of having a color mismatch or patch like area would be less.

Am i worrying too much about this?

Congratulations on the improvement. I've been hesitant to try laser or dermabrasion because of the long recovery time. Are you going to school or do you work? How was the recovery, week by week? I could probably afford to take a couple weeks off work to recover from the worst of it, but I'm sure there'd still be a lot of redness for many more weeks after (as you mentioned, your cheeks are still noticeably red after 26 days). How did you deal with this? Just curious. I don't mind people at work knowing I had a procedure but I don't want to have everyone I see for months on end going "hey, why's your face so red?", or worse (I know, most people probably wouldn't say anything, but...)

You look fantastic. You were so brave going for the procedure, and I bet youre so glad now that you did it and that it was all worth it.

Your scarring looked similar to mine and it seems like you got amazing improvement. However, I have heard of some people who had dermabrasion had their sunken scars reappear after a couple of months once all of the "micro-swelling" subsides. I would wait at least three months for this swelling to subside. That way you can accurately gauge true results. If you can, please send more pictures of your progress. I am most interested in seeing if your level of improvement remains after three months. Also, how bad was your scarring before? It couldn't have been very severe.

Just curious, but how bad would you say your pre-dermabrasion scars were?

What doctor did it? I ask because I'm in (southeast) Texas.

hey guys,

again want to thank yall alot for the compliments! Alot of people asked what kind of scarring I had, I've answered this question so many times smile.gif Read my posts in this thread, it explains that.

I am starting school tommorow, Yes its going to be embarrasing but I've already gone through a course of Accutane where my skin broke out like mad. If I can go through that I can definately live through this. I had the dermabrasion performed by Dr. Y for the person who asked.

New_guy, thanks bud, still not wearing anything except moisterizer. Im sure if I did put on some green concealer I'd be un-detectable. My breakouts stopped around day 20 I think, Havnt had anything since. For the guy who asked why I didnt go up on my nose is because I only had a spot treatment done. Skin should blend in with my normal skin I'm thinking around 2 months post op.

Sorry about being short, just a little bit depressed about starting school back up. I hate school! Ahhh, such drama living here in the dorms. I think I'm going to start my own business so I dont have to work for peanuts and I can do what I wanna do *Steps off soapbox*

BTW Lizlee- you were very attractive yourself! eusa_dance.gif