Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jaeyoo726

HEAR ABOUT ELICINA?!

i've done some research and found that this cream called Elicina is amazing when treating acne scars. It's especially effective applied while you're on accutane or just getting off of accutane.

anyone heard about it?

i've done some research and found that this cream called Elicina is amazing when treating acne scars. It's especially effective applied while you're on accutane or just getting off of accutane.

anyone heard about it?

I think Elicina as a company have a lot to answer for - their product comes up on every search on the net for 'scar treatments' and yet, as we all know, no topicals alone are sufficient to treat any significant scarring. Yet Elicina purports to be able to rectify moderate to severe scarring premanently in months. This is ridiculous, but it fills many people with hope - I know I was taken in. sad.gif

So this will probably be very disappointing to hear, but I don't think Elicina will do anything for your scarring. I found it helped somewhat with red marks, but not with the actual scars. If they marketed it as being helpful for healing skin it might be more accurate, but as for healing SCARS, it will almost certainly have no effect.

Guest Scorpioness

If I could take back the use of any product, it would be this one. It created new scars for me that remain some of the most obvious on my skin, even now, years later, after four CROSS treatments and more than a half dozen saline injections. It does more harm than good.... consider yourself warned.

Really, M - it created new scars for you? How do you think that happened? Did it aggravate your active acne. You've made me suspicious that it might have worsened some of my scarring. The main place that I used it was on an open wound from a large cyst on my chest. ( confused.gif gross I know) Because so much was made of it's 'antibacterial properties' on the website I thought it might help sterilise the area. Anyway, that wound turned into the worst scar that I have...

I'm not saying it was completely the elicina, but it might have aggravated it... eusa_think.gif

Guest Scorpioness
Really, M - it created new scars for you? How do you think that happened? Did it aggravate your active acne. You've made me suspicious that it might have worsened some of my scarring. The main place that I used it was on an open wound from a large cyst on my chest. ( confused.gif gross I know) Because so much was made of it's 'antibacterial properties' on the website I thought it might help sterilise the area. Anyway, that wound turned into the worst scar that I have...

I'm not saying it was completely the elicina, but it might have aggravated it...  eusa_think.gif

I ordered this Elicina cream in about October 2004, my skin was pretty darn clear at this point. I ordered it for some little scars and skintone or something of the sort. Never use this stuff, it made me break out really bad. It like started a breakout cycle that lasted a few months that im just now clearing from all of it. So basically i think it jumpstarted something and did no good at all. Dont use this please-doesn't work at all! doubt.gif

Well I actually had a positvie experience with Elicina. Everyone is right it does not work to clear acne but it worked well for part of my scar regimene.

I would litteraly sand down my face with a type of microdermabrasion cream and or crystals. Then when my face was incredibly red elicina would be put on. It would burn a good bit for the first few seconds but then would be ok. By the next morning my once bright red skin from the night before was almost normal color. Without the cream I would sometimes have my skin scab over and or stay red for long periods of time