Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jaeyoo726

Accutane and Scars

hey everyone.

I have my derm appt tomorrow and i plan on going on accutane and getting rid of this acne for good.

but i was wondering what would happen to the scars left behind from the past acne breakouts before going on accutane. Did the accutane help to remove those scars or did anyone have to use some special scar cream or process to get rid of the scars?

Hi,

Accutane doesn't rid the face of scars. It may improve their appearance but they'll be there post accutane. They may fade with time depending on the depth of the scar. No cream will rid the face of scars. I wish this were the case. There are peels and other resurfacing techniques that can only be done a while after you have completed accutane. Check the scar forum . There is lots of info there.

GO

Guest Craigems

Fortuantly i am lucky with my face for scars... but my chest has some holes in it from acne with is incurable ... they might slightly raise a bit (holes big holes) but unfortuantly they're there for good unless i get some sort of surgery. Thats the information my doctor gave me... He also told me tiny dents in the face can be cured over time as fat restores to the area slightly. But Acne being acne its just bloody annoying. People dont realise how bad it physically can be.

Goodluck by the way i hope you dont have much scaring.