Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Has anyone out there that has had success with Tazorac also experienced a decrease in oil production??? I have been using it for a month now and my skin is flaky sometimes but still oily...

If no decrease in oil, what do you use to help control oily skin?

If I feel oily I just do a quick face wipe down with some clearasil wipes I keep in my desk. Usually it's just my nose that feels greasy.

I haven't had a decrease in oil production and my success with Tazorac has been only mild.

If I feel oily I just do a quick face wipe down with some clearasil wipes I keep in my desk. Usually it's just my nose that feels greasy.

I haven't had a decrease in oil production and my success with Tazorac has been only mild.

I have been on taz for about 4-5 months. I've always had only mild, persistent acne....mainly because my skin is super oily. I have had success with taz as far as minimizing the breakouts. If I do get any zits, they are small and fade quickly.

However, my oil has not decreased. My doctor told me that the more you keep using it, the better because it will shrink oil glands. I haven't noticed it decreasing at all. In fact, I have an appointment this week to discuss other options on what to do for my oil.

I recently have been applying clindamycin in the AM and noticed that this has helped me stay oil free longer. But, by the end of the day, I have oil slicks on my forehead and nose.

I definitely recommend sticking with taz...it has been the only thing to really work on my mild acne, but it just hasn't helped with the oil too much.

How long have you been using Taz?

I use the Mary Kay beauty blotters during the day, but I'm looking for something that will keep it at bay without having to blot.

However, my oil has not decreased.  My doctor told me that the more you keep using it, the better because it will shrink oil glands.  I haven't noticed it decreasing at all.  In fact, I have an appointment this week to discuss other options on what to do for my oil.

Just over a month, but with my skin I usually either see results around a month- month 1/5 and after that not much changes. I'm only on the .05 cream.

Sometimes, I think doctors don't know any more than we do. I mean, we all hate this problem so much that we research ways to help us and become more knowledgable than doctors.

Bai, I went to my doctor yesterday and she told me to just stick with the same thing. I told her that my acne is clearing up and breakouts are very minor but this oily skin is still a problem. I asked her if there is anything to do and she said no.

I mean there are a lot of options. Honestly, I think low dose accutane is the only thing to get rid of extremely oily skin.

So, I will just stick with the taz, clindamycin, and amoxycillin since it has been working well. But, do I have to use this stuff for the rest of my life?

3 months on Taz, it did nothing for me. My skin was also oily, but I was using something in the morning which probably got it that way. Not sure if Taz helped oil production or not. Maybe you'll have better luck then I.

I started using Tazorac (.05) last year. It made my skin very flaky, but then my skin adapted to it. Cleared my face up completely in two months. I started to slack in application, and just used Erythromycin for the next six months. That alone kept me clear, then my face started to break out again pretty bad. Started back up on the Tazorac (.05), and it's taken a few months for it to clear again. My skin is very flaky now, and has been since two weeks after getting back on Tazorac. My face is clear again, for the most part.

I never noticed a decrease in oil production from Tazorac alone, but I also take Tetracycline to control oil production.

Armando: Thanks for the update. I agree with you on the doctor thing. It bothers me when they don't listen and rush you out of their office. Anyway, as for having to use meds for the rest of your life to control acne, probably. It's not good to take oral antibiotics for lengthy periods of time though.

Ugh, I feel like I'm at such a standstill. My face is flaky and oily at the same time! I can't stand it. What moisturizers and face wash do you guys use?