Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
User19000

Mineral Makeup plus oil fighter/matte lotion?

Hello. I'm brand new to this forum and found it while researching Mineral Makeup. I'm 34, female, and quite tired of the whole zit thing. I've copied down "The Regimen" and will start soon, and am intrigued with OC Eight Oil Control Genius.

For those of you who have used mineral makeup, is it better to use something like the OC Eight underneath it, or use one of the sites' mineral primers and mattifiers? I have decently oily skin, heavier in t-zone but still some all around. I've tried most foundations on the market. MAC's blot powder is the only thing that's worked halfway decent on my face; not their studio fix, not anybody else's foundation. I'm about at my wits' end. eusa_wall.gif

Also, is there any Mineral Makeup out there that helps better with oil than others?

Thanks,

Jubilee

Hi Jubilee!

It's great to hear that you're interested in trying mineral makeup! Many women give it a try and never go back! It really is very light-weight and soothing to acneic skin, and I hope it works out well for you!

For primers, look for something that has serecite, kaolin clay, magnesium stearate, or calcium carbonate on the ingredients list. These ingredients all help with oil control. Also, you'll want to be sure to pick a foundation that doesn't have too high of a concentration of titanium dioxide, as that really tends to dry out skin, which leads to increased oil production. Zinc oxide is an ingredient that helps counteract titanium, and as a bonus it adds extra sun protection and a soothing element to the foundation.

Take care!

JLynne,

I have another question for you. I've looked at your web site and numerous others. Some say that sericite mica mattifies. Other sites say that mica makes your face shiny. Which is it?

Does your site have a primer to help combat oil? I couldn't find one.

Thanks,

Jubilee

Hi Jubilee!

It's great to hear that you're interested in trying mineral makeup!  Many women give it a try and never go back!  It really is very light-weight and soothing to acneic skin, and I hope it works out well for you!

For primers, look for something that has serecite, kaolin clay, magnesium stearate, or calcium carbonate on the ingredients list.  These ingredients all help with oil control.  Also, you'll want to be sure to pick a foundation that doesn't have too high of a concentration of titanium dioxide, as that really tends to dry out skin, which leads to increased oil production.  Zinc oxide is an ingredient that helps counteract titanium, and as a bonus it adds extra sun protection and a soothing element to the foundation. 

Take care!