Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Rzwen

Face / Acne becomes very red under sun.

My face looks decent indoors, but outside under the sun, my face becomes very red. The red marks left by acne look very bad. Will this get better? Or is there something that I can do to help it?

Thanks.

No no. I don't get sunburned at all.

And my face looks fine indoors. It's just the sun that kills me. It makes my face oily and red.

yeah, I look like crap in direct sunlight. All the more reason to continue living like a vampire and avoid daylight. If you're wearing makeup try setting up your vanity area next to a window so you have natural light when you apply your concealer.

Yeah that's something I need to start doing.. cuz it all looks great indoors.. even under bright lighting.. but the sunlight makes it look terrible. That's okay, I'm completely a night person anyway.

I just have this feeling that you're all really, really pale. Your acne probably looks like crap in the sunlight because there is such a contrast between the zits' and your skin's color... get a little sun on your face. Besides, it's good for you.

Wrong!

I'm Asian. So I'm definitly not pale. It's only the red marks left after acne that turns bright red. Red marks heal, correct? So once they heal, then it should be fine, right?

I just have this feeling that you're all really, really pale. Your acne probably looks like crap in the sunlight because there is such a contrast between the zits' and your skin's color... get a little sun on your face. Besides, it's good for you.

Well I wasn't trying to be rude. I was just saying what the other posts implied. Like " All the more reason to continue living like a vampire and avoid daylight" and "The sun sucks"

Well? If it's such an insult to be called pasty then freaking spend some time outdoors.

First of all you are wrong in my case as well, because I have naturally tan skin, regardless of the fact that I'm barely ever out in the sun. And I spend time outdoors.. at night. I find the sun uncomfortable and blinding; night life is much better.

of course everyone is different, everyone likes different stuff and i respect that... but i don't see what's so bad with the sun? Is it the heat? humidity?

if you think it makes your skin worse, well the sun is irritating/drying/damaging so it makes sense... the first week of summer i get some sunburn, but then i get a tan and I'm good for the rest of the summer

stay out of it if you want, and find a good sunblock to use when you do go out.

Umm.. I never asked for this argument. I love the sun. I love going out. But I hate how it makes my skin bright red. I was just asking if this will go away; not trying to start some debate here.

of course everyone is different, everyone likes different stuff and i respect that... but i don't see what's so bad with the sun? Is it the heat? humidity?

if you think it makes your skin worse, well the sun is irritating/drying/damaging so it makes sense... the first week of summer i get some sunburn, but then i get a tan and I'm good for the rest of the summer

stay out of it if you want, and find a good sunblock to use when you do go out.

Well I wasn't trying to be rude. I was just saying what the other posts implied. Like " All the more reason to continue living like a vampire and avoid daylight" and "The sun sucks"

Well? If it's such an insult to be called pasty then freaking spend some time outdoors.