Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
xiled

Max dosage for accutane...

I'm 145-150lbs at 5'7", and my derm said the highest accutane dosage I would be able to make is 60mg. Does that seem right to you?

Im 5'9 140lbs and i took 40 the first month and 60 the rest of the way. Completely clear now.

Yeah, but i've seen people on here lighter than me taking A LOT higher doses..just curious. confused.gif

Roche recommends 0.5 mg to 1 mg per kg of body weight but the derm makes the call on how much to give.

I am 145 pounds and I have been given 80 mg per day.

Take your medicine with food else the absorption is even lower making your effective dosage lower than 60 mg smile.gif

I still can't get over the fact that you guys still use pounds!

Anyway! Take whatever dosage your derm tells you, and if need be they can step it up later on. Trust me, you want to be taking as little of this stuff as possible - just enough to clear you. Any more than that and you risk more side effects for no point.

no it does not

I weigh 145 lbs, and I take 80mg per day.

My dosage is 1mg per kg of body weight.

If you contact the makers of the accutane drugs, I think they actually will say the typical prescription is 1-2 mg per kg of body weight.

So if you have severe cystic acne, you would be given a dose up to 160mg PER DAY of accutane?

Studies have shown the higher dosage to lead to a lower chance of acne coming back, at the price of much more side effects. To me the choice was easy, and I told my derm I wanted a higher dose.