Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
turnover20

Accutane finally kicked in

I think my Accutane is finally beginning to work. I am in about my 11th/12th week and I am clearign rapidly, and marks are fading. Just last week, it was horrible, I was upped to 120 mg and I think I had an initial breakout, but that seems to be fading. I aslo contribue my improvement to Clean and Clear's persagel 10 (BP). I apply it to place where I have whiteheads that coudl form into pimples, and they haven't yet. I was really bummed that it was taking so long, but now I think Accutane is working. Now, I just need these fish oil pills to kick in, so I can run. Stick with it, Stick through it, and you all will be clear.

Hey me too! I was going to wait to post the exact same topic! I didn't want to jinx myself too early smile.gif I'm on my 10th or 11th week (always losing track), and I think Accutane finally kicked in too. I haven't had a new breakout in a few days now and my skin is looking better. My red marks seem to be fading too. Still have blackheads and some clogged pores on my forehead, but otherwise, it looks like finally the Tane has slowed down the breakouts. If I get through the rest of January without any inflamed pimples, that would be amazing. We'll see though... everytime I think I'm in the clear, I end up breaking out!

Good luck to you! I'm hoping for a great third month of Accutane, hopefully it's "the month" that my skin will really show improvement..

Mae biggrin.gif

edit --> I'm not using BP at all anymore, but I was up until about two weeks ago. The only two products I'm using on my face are my Dove cleanser and Olay moisturizer (plus makeup during the day). I'm so relieved to have taught myself to hold back from the BP. I think it was making my red marks stick around longer.

you know it's weird because i've heard that accutane actually makes you break out even more during the first month or two. But others have had accutane immediately kicking in and clearing up their skin in the first month.

So which one is it? or is it different for each person?

Guest Craigems

bah get off BP, i burnt my skin bad with that stuff. I think i over-did it lol. I tend to be too heavy handed with stuff. i'm on Accutane only smile.gif

you know it's weird because i've heard that accutane actually makes you break out even more during the first month or two. But others have had accutane immediately kicking in and clearing up their skin in the first month.

So which one is it? or is it different for each person?

That is great news!!! I am really happy for you and know how wonderful a feeling it is since I’ve just come out of the initial breakout forest. “Hello Clarity!!!!� Unlike you, however, I am on a very low dose of Accutane (20 mg a day). This is my third full month on Accutane so I think clear skin at this point is the norm.

Did your doctor okay you using BP while on Accutane? I know opinions vary in this regard and I am just curious. I used Klaron gel for my whiteheads and it worked really well without causing my skin to become overly dry or irritated. Klaron is a sulfur-based gel and it is more natural than BP - - you might want to give it a try.

I agree that everyone having doubts on Accutane should stick with it. It really is doing great things for me and for you as well. Congratulations!!!! eusa_clap.gif

You know, I am on my second week, and I have not had a serious pimple since I started. I did have a few small whiteheads which formed around my mouth during the first week, but they were gone in a day. I have not had a cyst yet (knocks on wood).

If I am one of the lucky ones who does not suffer the initial breakout, then I will be a happy camper. Although I do hear that the breakout can happen at any time during the first few weeks of treatment.

I will probably to an 'official' report on my postive Accutane experience sometime soon, but for now Ill add that im somewhere in my 3rd month of 40mg a day, and i am 99% clear, and have been for a few weeks.

Red marks are persistant however, may have to look into what is available to speed up the process.

Oh and i used BP EVERYDAY, so thats a big +1 for the use of BP on Accutane.

Guest Craigems

mmm half way through my second month and i got a couple this week that came up ... and i was having such a clear run 2 sad.gif