Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
cjb

acne cosmetica

I've tried searching for info on it, but it is not extensive and a lot of the studies are not in English. When I first started getting "acne" about a year ago, all it was was some small white bumps on my chin. I was a little freaked out, but I didn't even classify it as acne. Only looking back do I realize what it was the start of. After awhile I started to get more white bumps and now I have them all over my cheeks and chin. I don't have a lot of active acne, about 2-3 going usually, and sometimes even none. My first inkling when I started to get the bumps was that it had to be my makeup. I've worn foundation since 9th grade when I decided I was too pale (I have albinism) and started wearing it to make myself a shade darker. Of course, once you start, you can't stop. When I got into my early twenties, the tone of my face started to be sort of blotchy. I hated it, but I kept on wearing makeup, so I could ignore it. Anyway, my gut told me the acne was probably the makeup, but I wanted to be in denial about it because I had to keep on wearing it. I hadn't recently changed products. A few years before I had switched from wearing neutrogena to some "natural" stuff you get at the health food store - still has crap in it. Well this is getting long. I'm just wondering if anyone knows much about acne cosmetica. I just (as in 2 days ago) switched to mineral makeup, so we will see if that makes a difference in my skin.