Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
wildarmz

OTC products + TTO/Aloe

Here is my routine that i've been following for approx 2-3 weeks. Edited on January 19th, 2005.

new routine (simplified)

Morning:

Dove Daily Exfoliating Cleanser

Dove Sensitive skin body wash

Cetaphil moisturizer

--multivitamin

Night:

Dove Sensitive skin beauty bar

Cetaphil moisturizer

Tea Tree oil + Aloe vera gel

old routine

Morning:

Dove Daily Exfoliating cleanser

Dove Sensitive skin body wash (shower)

Dove Toner

L'Oreal Skin Perfecting Solution

Dove Sensitive Essentials Day Cream

Afternoon:

Dove Sensitive Skin bar soap (if necessary)

TwinLabs Daily One Multivitamin

Night:

Dove Sensitive skin beauty bar

Dove Toner

L'Oreal Skin Perfecting Solution

Tea Tree Oil + Aloe -- penny sized aloe vera mixed with 5-6 drops of TTO

Dove Sensitive Essentials Night Cream

I have some minor acne. My skin is sensitive. I had a cyst on my forehead for a while and two pimples on my cheeks recently. The rest are old marks. The TTO and Aloe really help to keep any upcoming blemishes down and (slowly) reduce the apperance of blemishes. I replaced BP with TTO and Aloe because I prefer a more natural solution. I also like the smell of TTO. The Dove cream's are really good. Theyre very nongreasy and moisturize very well. The Exfoliating cleanser is very gentle and non-abrasive. The Vitamins i take have all my daily needs (including 100% of B5, zinc, vit A, etc). Lastly, I try to drink ~1500ml of water (3 bottles) a day.

January 9th, 2005

---------------------

Tonight i made a vitamin and herb gel for my skin.

I mixed:

Aloe Vera Gel

Eucalyptus oil

Peppermint oil

Tea Tree Oil

Vitamin E - 32,000 IU

the peppermint feels SO cool! Anyways, all of these items are beneficial both antibacterially and for the skin's healing. I think im going to do this once a week on Sunday nights. The gel takes forever to absorb.

January 10th, 2005

----------------------

I woke up and my skin is great. It's REALLY soft+smooth from that gel i made last night and the blemishes continue to fade. A spot above my lip feels sensitive so i applied TTO, Aloe, Eucalyptus, Vit E and it feels better several hours later.

As of now, my only 'active' acne is a couple blackheads on my nose, and a tiny whitehead on my lower cheek. Im so glad i started this regime. In less than a month my skin is the best in clarity and healthyness it's been since i was 16.

January 12th , 2005

-----------------------

I ate some late night snacks (candy, ramen) and one of them seems to have broken me out a bit. the next night i didnt eat any and the marks started to fade and are almost gone. lol, diet isnt related to acne? yea right rolleyes.gif.

January 15th, 2005

----------------------

Theres just one noticeable blemish on my cheek and it is almost gone overnight. TTO and Aloe ROCK!!! I noticed my skin texture improved with the Dove toner. I recommend it and it has good ingredients. Still striving for near-perfect skin wink.gif...

January 19th, 2005

----------------------

Well since the last entry i had 2 pimples and one red mark come up. I think im going to simplify my regimen to dove exfoliating cleanser in the morning/Dove Sensitive skin at night, moisturize with cetaphil, TTO + Aloe. My face doesnt look that bad right now, its just annoying to use all those products (toner, skin perfecting solution, cleanser, moisturizer, body wash, spot treatment--all at once). I'll save the dove creams for when my skin is clear.

January 20th, 2005

----------------------

wow my face is way clearer! Not sure if its just a good day or what.

things to note:

-im on erythromycin (2 x 400mg) cause my gf has whooping cough, but i just started that on the 19th...

-i started taking 1g of B5 (2 x 500mg), on the 19th

-increased water intake