Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Body Language

Do you think of ACNE as a life lesson?

Seriously, if i had clear skin i would be a big shallow and superficial BITCH, knowing me im pretty sure that i would be the guy that would make fun of the less fortunate, wichever their imperfection is, i just know that i would be like that b/c all that matters to me are looks (at least an 85%) when metting someone and becoming their friend, always aiming for perfection, some of you have seen pictures of me in my fotolog, and to be honest, i look like one of those bitch pple that feel better making others feel bad, but believe me, i think twice before i make a stupid coment to someone.

acne has really showed me that looks are not all that matter, that you really should put yourself in other peoples place to se what they go trough, mean comments can really get you down...

does anyone else feel that if they didn't had acne they would be superficial and all that stuff? cuz most of us know that if we didnt have this THING on our face we would be HOT as sh!t

Guest Zitro

I believe that acne made me a more humble, compassionate person. I'm not superficial either, and it was probably due to acne ... I used to be hot without it too.

So I agree with you, if anything positive can be said about acne is a life lesson to make us become better people in the long run.

This is really a postive thing about acne. I'm very glad about the vision on life acne gave me and I feel that when I will be clear I'd be the strongest person in the world.

I beleive once the acne is gone and scarring is treated to be less noticeable, then people can have a huge surge in confidence and at the same time have compassion for others. I hate to say it, but before I had acne I used to laugh at other peoples' misery all the time. I feel it has made me a much nicer person. Hopefully by college my scars will have improved greatly. *crosses fingers*

black, you could have been like that before. its all in how your parents raise you, before i had acne i didnt make fun of people with acne..

You know what, I love my mom, but I also hate her. She makes fun of people all the time. She's the kind of person that likes to "people watch" at a cafe and laugh at the "weirdos" that walk by. So thanks to acne I believe I have broken away from my mom's shadow of negativity. Sweet!

The worst time was when at the mall this guy who had lesions (from popping zits) and scars on his face from acne. He was dressed really nicely, but his face wasn't so good at the time. She actually had the gull to make fun of him after we had walked away. I disowned my mom and shopped for the rest of the day by myself.

She's a nice person and all, but has her flaws. She gets it from her mother who is at least 5x worse and extremely racist. I can't wait until college! Where I can get away from her for extended periods of time! Woot!

Moral: If someone makes fun of you they are most likely like my shallow mom who I have called a shrew and a bitch many times. Just realize you are a stronger person then her just by facing life in a positive light.

BTW: I'm also a better cook then her. My dad and I can out cook her any day!

my dad looks at my back, cuz i got bacne, ive talked to him.. nothing works.. my dad is a fag, but he gives me allowance.. i try my best to brush it off

I'm an albino. I always thought THAT was my humbling life lesson. If wasn't until my early 20s that I could accept myself as who I am and appreciate my 'differentness'. People used to compliment me on my complexion. Then I got acne at 26. When you're so pale, EVERYTHING shows up too. When you have albinism, you stick out. I had gotten to the point where I didn't mind. With acne, you don't want to stick out!

Acne's taught me never to take anything for granted. I took my skin for granted when it cleared up a few years back, but it suddenly went within a week! I'd also say its made me more modest.

Guest Shjaker

It definitely has made me a better person. I was pretty popular before the acne, and was never really cocky about it because I was a tomboy so alas, all I cared about was terrorizing McDoonalds [still a favourite of mine biggrin.gif ] and playing floor hockey.

But..

I still think I would have been.. a bit superficial and 'biotchy' had I not gotten it. So really, in a way, I'm very thankful for it. It's a great lesson to learn, and you'll get along better with a lot more people because of it. [putting yourself in their shoes..]

I like to tell myself that to make me feel better...Lmao I think you could be right but It still dosent satisfy me by thiking that way. cry.gif

eventually you can clear up, yes you can get perfect skin back, it is possible, the process might be slow but it can be done, and once that happens, you would have LEARNED the perspective of things, you know what that person who gets made fun of cuz of ance or any other thing feels, thats what i mean for LIFE LESSON, maybe we had to go trough this lesson or curse as you would like to call it to realize how much suffering goes behind one persons misery, im not saying we deserve it, cuz i would have been so much HAPPIER without acne, but you can see something negative as POSITIVE

I agree that acne is lesson or trial that we have to go through. Weird how sounds but i'm now glad that acne is something i have to go through life. I'm definitely more compassionate towards others and i'm less vain. I used to have crystal clear skin and my life was perfect. I gradutated early and was planning on going to college early with three scholarships. I finally took my family and friends advice and started to go into modeling. I never thought about my social life because it was perfect. I had tons of friends and i would always get asked out. Now that i have acne i realized how i selfish and inconsiderate i was in the past. I'm ecstatic that god gave me something that he knew will change my life. A trial that he knew that i will overcome and come out to be a better person.

i dont think that having acne has helped me at all, last summer was the most miserable summer of my life because i got REALLY BAD ACNE and i was used to having clear skin, and it sucked, and all acne did to me is: i used to be one of those happy-go-lucky people who has tons of friends and is just the sweetest person, always smiling, and now im one of those wierd chiks who sits in the corner eating lunch alone thinking about depressing things and wearing all black, even tho ive gotten rid of most of my acne. i still have zero self confidence- i took this psychology test, and the normal self esteem was 50, and i got -26. however, i dont look down on people with acne, like i used to, and i also dont judge people by their looks anymore, even tho i often catch myself thinking of myself as a misunderstood genius gorgeous person lol... yeah i would say it was a life lesson, but also one that almost killed me (50 asprin is pretty close to death, dont you think?).

I think it is. i notice im much more mature than my friends. if it werent for acne, i would have never met my girlfriend and shes the best thing that has ever happened to me. because of acne i decided i want to go to med school and become a dermatologist. i went through 4 years of hell. i used to think it had ruined my life but now i that im clear i see that it hasnt. maybe it actually gave me a life. instead of joining the crowd and being like everyone else it had forced me to become my own person and draw away from the crowd.

I think it is. i notice im much more mature than my friends. if it werent for acne, i would have never met my girlfriend and shes the best thing that has ever happened to me. because of acne i decided i want to go to med school and become a dermatologist. i went through 4 years of hell. i used to think it had ruined my life but now i that im clear i see that it hasnt. maybe it actually gave me a life. instead of joining the crowd and being like everyone else it had forced me to become my own person and draw away from the crowd.