Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
lvlr_Zaleski

New To The Regimen (UK)

Right, ive been reading nearly everything on this site for the past few days since i joined up, and ive read some encouraging stuff, now's the time to actually try some of what i read, im going to start off by doing the Regimen biggrin.gif if it works, then well, im gonna be well happy, but i wont get carried away yet, ill try it and continue using it for a while see how it goes, before i do, i just have a few questions to the current people who are on The Regimen..... First off, does the 2.5% BP Gel bleach clothes ? i remember the doctor giving me BP 10% lotion before and it bleached nearled all my clothes so i wasnt happy lol. And can you get the 2.5% BP Gel from the doctor in UK does any1 know. There just my main concerns, other then that, it seems pretty simple to follow, can anyone who is on the Regimen advise me to what supplies i should use, ive looked on the site and seen the supplies but i wouldnt know which to pick, obvisouly the BP Gel lol and a moisturizer, i was readin though and a user recommend L'Oreal Pure Zone Anti-Regreasing Moisturiser for oily skin although Dan did not have this in his list ? would this be ok or should i really use one from Dan's recommendations ? thanks for your time

Guest Euler
Right, ive been reading nearly everything on this site for the past few days since i joined up, and ive read some encouraging stuff, now's the time to actually try some of what i read, im going to start off by doing the Regimen biggrin.gif if it works, then well, im gonna be well happy, but i wont get carried away yet, ill try it and continue using it for a while see how it goes, before i do, i just have a few questions to the current people who are on The Regimen..... First off, does the 2.5% BP Gel bleach clothes ? i remember the doctor giving me BP 10% lotion before and it bleached nearled all my clothes so i wasnt happy lol. And can you get the 2.5% BP Gel from the doctor in UK does any1 know. There just my main concerns, other then that, it seems pretty simple to follow, can anyone who is on the Regimen advise me to what supplies i should use, ive looked on the site and seen the supplies but i wouldnt know which to pick, obvisouly the BP Gel lol and a moisturizer, i was readin though and a user recommend L'Oreal Pure Zone Anti-Regreasing Moisturiser for oily skin although Dan did not have this in his list ? would this be ok or should i really use one from Dan's recommendations ? thanks for your time

well thanks for your reply, ive found some things you have said helpful and im greatful for this. You missed a bit though wink.gif where i asked if it bleached clothes ? also the moisturizer i asked about you didnt mention but maybe this is because you dont suffer from oily skin and im only asking about this particular one because some1 with oily skin said it was great. Anyway im glad u only have 1 active spot as of right now tongue.gif hope it works for me, when ur spots went did u continue doing the regimen ? also the £60 for BP seems expensive but ill see anyway, is there any difference in the BP thats shipped over from america compared to the BP which you said you might be able to find in sainsburys ? thanks again

lvlr, great news your gonna try the regimen!

I've tried that moisturiser on a school day yesterday, when i usually get really really oily really really quick, it worked ALL DAY. i can't stop saying how great this stuff is! It also has SA in it, which was recomennded up there^. I've found it isn't as moisturising as some others and you really will need serious moisture at the beggining of the regimen so I reccomend you buy a simpler moisturiser thats oil free and just use that, one of dans recomendations is a good plan. Then after your face calms down, add in the Loreal one for the day. That way you get no oil and stay moisturised! (you can use the simple moisturiser at night).

As for the BP gel i really think it is worth getting some of Dans BP shipped over, thats what I did and its really good!

There is a cream available on www.p2u.co.uk called Quinoderm 5 (make sure you get 5 cos the 10% is way too harsh). I know dan recommends a 2.5% but this cream is probably the best alternative for us people in the UK who can't get Dans stuff!

Also Dans is a gel, which means it goes on transparent, much better than running the risky of streaky white marks from the Quinoderm! Having said that, the quinoderm works well, i used it for 2 weeks with good results, but Dans is the Holy Grail!

BP does bleach clothes but there are ways round it, (the 'pillowcase' method is one example someone poster on here) and its not a big problem. Remember though that everyones skin is different, so if yu don't see improvment within 8 weeks keep at it! give it a full 3 months, and don't worry, it goes by really fast!

And yes, once you are clear its best to keep it goin, however you can add in different factors and change it once you are sure its working, kinda customise it to you. I think im goin to try Botchlas regimen after i clear up, Dans is best though, no spots can survive a BP onslaught like this! Mwahahaha!

Guest Euler

I've found that the BP Gel 2.5% doesn't bleach clothes as much as the 10% Quinoderm. And to be honest I've only ever experienced clothes bleaching when I used to apply BP to my back and shoulders (I have been free from acne there for months now). The main problem I found with bleaching from face application is bleaching your pillow-cases, and clearly the best way to get around this is to get a white pillow case, and then you don't notice. *make sure* you wash your hards thoroughly after applying BP, this makes sure that you don't accidently wipe some of it on clothes. When I was applying BP to my back I used to wear a white t-shirt underneath whatever clothes I was wearing - british weather means that this isn't so bad smile.gif

I haven't come across the Loreal Moisturiser, because the Neutrogena one is working great for me, but if it has SA in then I recommend it because I think it's very useful to add an exfoliating step into the regimen. However, as rancid777 has noted, your skin will be very delicate at the start of the program, and you'll need an intensive oil-free moisturiser until your skin becomes adjusted.

I'm not sure about using the Quinoderm 5, I think the increase in percentage may cause you to not put enough BP on. Like I said earlier , I did manage to find some 2.5% BP in the shops - I found Oxy-On-The-Spoit 2.5% in a large Sainsbury's store, maybe you should check online for it.

My spot went, so I'm completely free again! woohoo. Regarding continued regimen use, I altered the regimen after my spots went. I don't use as much BP, and spend perhaps only 30-40 seconds making sure it's rubbed in (compared to an awful 20-30 mins when I started the regimen, uck). As I said earlier, I now use a heavy exfoliant (gycolic acid) as a cleanser in the evening (since my skin can now cope with this), and use the 2% SA Scrub in Botchla's Regimen in the morning. I've been on this altered regimen for a month now, and in about 2 weeks I will be almost completely converting to Botchla's Regimen where you cleanse with a 2% SA Scrub, and then wash with a 10% BP Wash - I think that's as close to normality as I'll dare myself to get. But when I think about it, there are a lot of acne free people who have intensive skin regimes such as SA cleansers and tea-tree oil mask, blah blah blah; so I feel more like I'm just taking *good* care of my skin, as opposed to *trying to stop acne*.

The red marks left by old acne are a bitch, something to note is that SA does help them fade a lot quicker.

Oh, and a difference between the Oxy-On-The-Spot and the BP Gel? Urm well.

1) the BP Gel is 4oz, which is about 114grams

2) 5 BP Gel tubes costs about £56, this is for 20oz, which is 570grams.

570grams of Oxy-on-the-Spot is about 28 tubes, and they cost about 4 pounds each, so *really* BP Gel is cheaper.

3) The oxy-on-the-spot is a cream, so it's white in application, and will require more rubbing in than the gel which is almost transparent.

Good luck with the Regimen!

Hi, seen your gettin good results from the moisturizer can i ask a few things, ive been using it two days now, and have applied it both day and night, i still get oily sad.gif although on the tube it says gradullay it will reduce etc ? can i ask if u had results on the first day? or if over time it got less and less oily ? and also, did u use the L'Oreal Pure Zone Deep Exfoliating Gel Wash aswell ? thanks m8

well thanks for your reply, ive found some things you have said helpful and im greatful for this. You missed a bit though wink.gif where i asked if it bleached clothes ? also the moisturizer i asked about you didnt mention but maybe this is because you dont suffer from oily skin and im only asking about this particular one because some1 with oily skin said it was great. Anyway im glad u only have 1 active spot as of right now tongue.gif hope it works for me, when ur spots went did u continue doing the regimen ? also the £60 for BP seems expensive but ill see anyway, is there any difference in the BP thats shipped over from america compared to the BP which you said you might be able to find in sainsburys ? thanks again

Hi, seen your gettin good results from the moisturizer can i ask a few things, ive been using it two days now, and have applied it both day and night, i still get oily sad.gif although on the tube it says gradullay it will reduce etc ? can i ask if u had results on the first day? or if over time it got less and less oily ? and also, did u use the L'Oreal Pure Zone Deep Exfoliating Gel Wash aswell ? thanks m8

There is no need to get BP shipped from America and pay expensive shipping fees or faff about in Sainsbury's buying over-priced brands of BP cream! I just started the regime two days ago: I simply went to Boots and bought a 40g tube of BP gel for £3.