Notifications
Clear all

302 Protein Drops

MemberMember
(@sparky)

Posted : 01/09/2005 5:34 am

Does someone already have experience with this product?

Sounds good ... they already did clinical trials and the whole results can be found on their website.

302 Skincare Website

I also found a review.

What do you think?

MemberMember
(@sf3006)

Posted : 01/09/2005 9:23 pm

Sparky said:

Sounds good ... they already did clinical trials and the whole results can be found on their website.

302 Skincare Website

I also found a review.

What do you think?

MemberMember
(@dermadude)

Posted : 01/10/2005 12:10 am

interesting, How long has this been around because it mught be a good topical to use with the tca cross and also why is this a prescription topical

MemberMember
(@arya)

Posted : 01/10/2005 12:28 am

Sparky said:

302 Skincare Website

I also found a review.

What do you think?

MemberMember
(@sf3006)

Posted : 01/10/2005 2:05 am

interesting, How long has this been around because it mught be a good topical to use with the tca cross and also why is this a prescription topical

MemberMember
(@oldguy)

Posted : 01/10/2005 10:51 am

Protein drops? tongue.gif That's a new one.

They seem to have a bit of science behind it http://www.302skincare.com/efficacy/02_patent_2/patent2.pdf

Page 6, table 9 shows epidermal thickness increasing by more than 4 times. That is so dramatic it almost seems... suspect. It would be easy enough to continue the testing on human skin, but when skin companies do that and the results are not as good as with the hairless mice, they generally don't publish them. Caveat emptor.

MemberMember
(@aliad1984)

Posted : 01/10/2005 12:12 pm

I'm almost positive that I'm going to take a chance and try this stuff because in the past, I've been Miss Cheap USA when it comes to experimenting with skin care stuff, and I think I'm going to treat myself to a product or two. Do you think I have to order the cleanser that comes with the Protein drops in order for it to all work as it says it will? I'd rather not but If I must, I will. Ah. If/When I do get the stuff and use it, I will update.

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 01/10/2005 12:17 pm

Good luck but really if you read closely they are claiming to have the fountain of youth in a bottle..i just don't buy it, but hey if it works..awesome.

MemberMember
(@ylem)

Posted : 01/12/2005 5:14 pm

I have my doubts about this. I wouldn't get my hopes up guys eusa_naughty.gif

MemberMember
(@frogs)

Posted : 01/12/2005 5:26 pm

It bugs me a bit that it says "Un-retouched client supplied photo's". As if the client could have touched them up and had good make-up and lighting.... but they just haven't RE-touched then.

I don't know... still looks good.

MemberMember
(@ylem)

Posted : 01/12/2005 5:30 pm

Also, I called the number and apparently the product is only available to licensed estheticians. Therefore, you cannot order this product directly through the company.

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 01/12/2005 5:34 pm

A poster on the clearskin.net forum started using these drops in July. I haven't tried to contact her, but I figured if they were working, she would have updated her progress in that forum.

I am highly skeptical about this as well, but still a bit curious....

MemberMember
(@aliad1984)

Posted : 01/12/2005 6:17 pm

Good points guys and gals. Thank goodness I havent tried to order the stuff yet. I'm having major doubts now. Anyway, good luck to all. razz.gif

MemberMember
(@ylem)

Posted : 01/12/2005 6:47 pm

I spoke with someone over the phone about this and she said the photos are actual photos that haven't been touched OR retouched. You have to go to a licensed esthetician to have this treatment. She told me that pitted scars are a result of calcification underneath the skin (I don't know what the hell she's talkin' about). She is having a "biochemist" call me back (WHOA!!!! shock.gif ). Apparently, this biochemist is supposed to enlighten me on stuff he/she thinks I don't already know. The lengths people are going to to give us false hope is becoming even more outrageous these days.

I am expecting just one poster who has tried this to through up the STOP sign and tell us all it is a scam!

MemberMember
(@ylem)

Posted : 01/12/2005 8:14 pm

Ok, you guys are gonna think i'm crazy, but I went ahead and prdered it. They are giving me a very cheap price for it. I am not wasting a lot of money on it at least. I presently do not have a skin care regimen. This can kind of act like a substitute for that. I'll let you know. She said it could take up to seven months. The woman I sopke with on the phone was very nice and helpful. Her name is Charlene. She said she will do eveything she can to help. I don't consider myself suckered in because I didn't spend a lot.

MemberMember
(@shade)

Posted : 01/12/2005 8:31 pm

Ok, you guys are gonna think i'm crazy, but I went ahead and prdered it. They are giving me a very cheap price for it. I am not wasting a lot of money on it at least. I presently do not have a skin care regimen. This can kind of act like a substitute for that. I'll let you know. She said it could take up to seven months. The woman I sopke with on the phone was very nice and helpful. Her name is Charlene. She said she will do eveything she can to help. I don't consider myself suckered in because I didn't spend a lot.

MemberMember
(@arya)

Posted : 01/12/2005 8:35 pm

MemberMember
(@ylem)

Posted : 01/12/2005 11:18 pm

Thanks i'll keep you posted on my progress.

BTW, what's DOH?

MemberMember
(@aliad1984)

Posted : 01/13/2005 5:50 am

Yay. Yelm I really wish you luck. eusa_dance.gifeusa_angel.gif

MemberMember
(@violet)

Posted : 01/13/2005 6:46 am

I'm really excited to hear the results, Yelm. Would you be willing to post once a week on your progress?

About those photos. They look retouched to me since the nose is more sculpted in the third photo (notice the bump on the end of it in the first photo) and I don't even want to start with the lighting. Very suspect. Although worth a try since everyone's skin reacts differently and if it is that good at getting rid of discoloration than that would be majorly great too.

MemberMember
(@violet)

Posted : 01/13/2005 6:48 am

Plus, where's her right eye in the third photo? Did the cream get rid of that too?

MemberMember
(@ylem)

Posted : 01/13/2005 7:55 am

I know it won't really work. I'm just trying it just as a part of a skin care regimen. I only lost 30 bucks if it doesn't work. Plus, I can get the refund on that through the company if I decide i'm unhappy.

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 01/13/2005 11:06 am

Well, I bit the bullet and ordered both the treatment cleanser and protein drops. I received the package today. I currently have a very simple and inexpensive skin care routine, so I don't mind being a little extravagant.

The one thing that I would note, is that under the "applications" section on the website, it states that you can use a moisturizer if necessary, but that it must be free of acids and vitamins. These warnings are not included in the instructions received with the products. I would suggest that anyone who plans on trying these products to review the website. Can anyone recommed a moisturizer that meets these requirements? I usually use Silkia Camellia oil, (which I love), but it does contain oleic acid, vitamins A, B, C, & E.

Being 41, I am dealing with aging issues as well as scarring. I'm going to start using the products on Saturday, and will update when, and if there's something to report.

Thanks!

Brenda

MemberMember
(@wantperfectskin)

Posted : 01/13/2005 1:37 pm

Well, I bit the bullet and ordered both the treatment cleanser and protein drops.

Being 41, I am dealing with aging issues as well as scarring. I'm going to start using the products on Saturday, and will update when, and if there's something to report.

Thanks!

Brenda

MemberMember
(@ylem)

Posted : 01/15/2005 10:50 pm

Sorry to rain on someone's parade, but I must confess some unfortunate findings related to the 302 skincare system. I did some intensive research on this product and have come to the conclusion that it may not be as effective on pitted acne scars as some of us think. Besides the obvious reason of it being merely a topical, there are other reasons as to why it seems fishy. First, I discovered that studies were performed on its efficacy ONLY for wrinkles associated with photo aging and sun damage. These studies did not at all state or confirm any results from these products on actual pitted acne scars. This is a common mistake that many companies make when attempting to advertise something to be effective on acne scarring. Perhaps someone else can read this and confirm. The link is http://www.302skincare.com/efficacy/02_patent_2/patent2.pdf

This finding is disturbing to me because we all know wrinkles and acne scars are not the same thing. If they were the same thing laser would be just as effective on pitted scars as wrinkles. Pitted acne scars are bound-down by fibrous strands underneath the skin. Apparently the company likes to use these terms interchangeably when advertising this product. This is misleading and false advertising on their part.

I spoke with the chemist behind the research and he swears by it for pits. His number is 208-929-2599 and his name is Richard Huber. He states that pits are due to "calcified fibers and calcification in the dermal layer." Apparently the glucose formation that is stimulated from use of the product is supposed to aid in protein formation (e.g. collagen synthesis). This collagen synthesis "thickens" the dermis and epidermis simulataneously. There is some apparent inconsistency in the information I am getting by word of mouth and from the literature. Unfortunately, as I was intensely researching smoothbeam, I came to the same disturbing conclusion. Unfortunately, out of desperation, I decided to ignore this in the past and go ahead with it anyway at a cost of $150 a session. Luckily, I did not spend that kind of money on this and never would even though I am trying it anyway.

Anyway, this is my bone to pick with this product. Hopefully there will be other benefits from its use such as reduction in hyperpigmentation and a controlling of the active acne. Luckily, tetracycline is doing a decent job of controlling my back acne, but my face is still somewhat resistant to improvement.

Oh well, back to the drawing board as far as what to do next about my scarring!