Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

do derms take into account if you have really oily skin, and put you on roaccutane quicker than they would if your skin is not so oily; or will they just go through the big list of topicals and different antibiotics and then think hey they worked for a while but now theyve lost effectiveness (like they just did for all my other patients) mm ok time to put this peep on roaccutane.

It's a required part of medical resopnsibility. You can't just say hmm.. this one looks like he has oily skin, let's put him on this potentially dangerous drug that needs to be monitored closely and responsibly like some kind of farm animal.

It's not a lack of common sense; it's someone who objectively cares for you (the general "you") at a point when all you can think about is your face.

my derm is a stupid @** she  won't put me on accutane, she's making my face worse with her stupid little creams... bitch

sorry

xxillusion, you are still a very pretty girl, I saw you're pictures in the gallery. You look down to earth and easy to get along with, I wear hoodies too! Anyway, I had light acne on my face and pretty severe on my back and chest. Accutane was the only thing that worked for me, so I would encourage you to give it a try. If I would've known about it sooner, I would've used it. It probably would've spared a lot scarring on my back. I encourage you to get other derm's opinions. Good luck, and if you do go on it, just be prepared for dryness of a lot of your glands, you won't look your best for about 5 months but it's worth it in the long run.