Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
canucks

when does acne usually go away?

Guest OnlyJoe

varies, could have it till your 90

A lot of people say that it should go away by your mid - late 20's but theres plenty of people on this board that would suggest otherwise. My brother is in his mid 20's and still has acne and my mum is in her 50's and has it. Genetics can give a good indicator of when your acne will go, but for me it looks as though i'm fucked for the next 30 years at least!

i dont know, but to me acne starts getting moderate and even going away when you don think about it every signle second of your freakin life, thinking about your acne 24/7 just causes much more acne than there should be, dont stress people, there is a way to get clear skin

Guest OnlyJoe

most of the men in my family still have acne... wonder why the women get away lightly.

i havent had massive acne since middle school now since that im in high school i do get pimples some times but not as bad but those red marks are a pain in the ass though

ive had it since i was 8 and im 13 now, and its mostly gone, i think it depends.. both my parents had super-bad acne all through teens and 20's, and mines not HALF as bad as theirs was, so it really depends, although a dermatologist could probably help ya out thur..

Oh my everything that is holy...

You can not be serious...

-eye twitches-

I was hoping.. ya know.. 17, 18 at the most. O_O;;

My brother's has gone away a fair bit and he's 18 now.. so..  eusa_pray.gif I hope to God I share the genes of 18ness.

If you want to get an estimate, just ask your parents how long they had acne (if they had acne, of course)

Well, it is just an estimate... hope for the best... my skin has been about the same for maybe 5-6 years. I'm sure if you keep searching for a product or regimen then you'll find one that works.

for some people it never goes away. It stays but remains very very mild.

But derms and doctors have said that for some reason, acne is multiple times more common when we reach our 20's, which wasn't evident a few decades ago.

Guest Brandon

Wasn't there a thread just like this a week ago?

well my paernts never had it and my sisters nver really had it at all so its ird no bad acne genes in my family but iv had it for 9 years. just turned 22 so mamybe itll goaway soon... my luck these antibitocs iv taken created some super gene of acne thatll never goa way lol

Guest OnlyJoe

yeah wow, to get acne at 8 you must have been a young developer.

i got my first pimple probally when i was about 13, i though it was really cool... sad.gif

yeah wow, to get acne at 8 you must have been a young developer.

i got my first pimple probally when i was about 13, i though it was really cool... sad.gif

i think its definitely due to the prescritpion of all these anti-biotics by doctors. Thats why acne is so much more common because it creates a super strain of acne bacteria that stays around longer than normal...i wish i had never started on the slippery slope when i was first prescribed Minocycline. At the time though i would have done anything to get rid of it.....i should have just toughed it out and it would probably be gone by now!