Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I don't get it. Some websites i've been to says to avoid laureth sulfate, even though it's way more gentle than lauryl sulfate, yet.. almost every cleanser,including acne cleansers, has laureth sulfate in it. hell, even most shampoos use it. if it supposedly clogs pores, why does all these products tend to use it?

Yeah I know, that makes no sence. It's like when they put acne meds. in comedogenic bases that can break you out. That completely takes away the point of it all..... sometimes I just don't understand this world anymore. People can get college degrees and be super smart and then with all of their knowledge they do stupid stuff like that when making stuff for acne. eusa_snooty.gif I hope someone comes up with some kind of acne cure before I'm an old hag.... wink.gif

It's because of the consumers not the manufacturers. Sulphates produce a lather, thus people think that it's working better for some reason. They have products that don't have sulphates and people don't like them as much because think that if their facewash or shamoo doesn't foam up it's somehow less effective, as if the lather makes a difference.

It's because of the consumers not the manufacturers. Sulphates produce a lather, thus people think that it's working better for some reason. They have products that don't have sulphates and people don't like them as much because think that if their facewash or shamoo doesn't foam up it's somehow less effective, as if the lather makes a difference.

yeah, i think i'm allergic to it or something. my scalp itches constantly, and i get a lot of blackheads. also, i was using a tea tree oil cleanser without laureth sulfate, and my eyes weren't irritated (and no, i don't get the cleanser close to my eyes) yet, when i use ones with laureth, my eyes look kind of bloodshot. i don't know if it's a coincidence, or not.

I don't get it. Some websites i've been to says to avoid laureth sulfate, even though it's way more gentle than lauryl sulfate, yet.. almost every cleanser,including acne cleansers, has laureth sulfate in it. hell, even most shampoos use it. if it supposedly clogs pores, why does all these products tend to use it?