Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hi Guys,

I'm 27 and, after 5 years of crystal clear skin, i started getting super-blech cyst breakouts in September. my acne is categorized as mild-moderate and manifests on my chin and jaw line. i hate it!

i was diagnosed with pcos years ago, so i know my acne is hormonal. i currently take 200mg of Spiro, 500mg of Metformin (insulin sensitizer), and have just started a round of accutane.

my question, however, is about birthcontrol pills.

ok, so i've been on virtually every type of birth control out there and all of them make me break out horribly. i even tried Yasmin for over 3 months and it did nothing.... my gynecologist and derm said the only other option out there is Diane-35--but it's not sold in the US so they can't prescribe it for use. i always thought that Diane and Yasmin are the same, but they're not. they have different progesterone components, and Diane's is more potent for tackling acne (cyproterone aceteate is apparently a more "direct," hence potent, anti-androgen. that's why the two pills yield different acne results in different women).

anyway, i've been doing research and i found that i can order Diane-35 on the internet from New Zealand or the UK.

is there anyone here who lives in the US and gets Diane this way? and does it work?

my father is a lawyer and i asked him about the legality of this, and he says that it is legal and the medication will be fine. i also asked my uncle about it--he's a pharmacist--and he said that as long as the website is secure, the medication comes in original packaging (preferably from the drug company that manufactures it), is properly sealed, crimped/dated, etc. then it should be fine.

anyway, i just received the pills in the mail and they look totally legit. (just so you know, i am NOT one of those people who falls for quick gimmicks and quackery....i even took them to my local pharmacy and the pharmacist said she would take them).

sorry i sound like a neurotic lunatic in this message.... i'm curious to see what other people's experiences are.

thanks for any input you can give.... and my heart goes out to all of you! we're in this together!

SG

I, too, have been on virtually every brand of birth control. I have not heard of Diane 35. Please let us know how you do. Do you mind if I ask what the cost was?

I was on Yasmin for two years but my doctor took me off because of the flare up in my skin. I'm now on Accutane and Ortho Tri Cylen Lo. I know the lo formula is not clincially proven to reduce acne, but with the combination, my skin is looking great, so for long term, I'll just have to wait and see.

I, too, have been on virtually every brand of birth control.  I have not heard of Diane 35.  Please let us know how you do.  Do you mind if I ask what the cost was?

I was on Yasmin for two years but my doctor took me off because of the flare up in my skin.  I'm now on Accutane and Ortho Tri Cylen Lo.  I know the lo formula is not clincially proven to reduce acne, but with the combination, my skin is looking great, so for long term, I'll just have to wait and see.

In Canada we have Ortho and Diane 35. I think that it's strange that the FDA hasn't approved it in the US. Maybe it's because the blood clot risk is higher than other BCP's. I don't know but I've been on it off and on for 6 years and I've been fine.

Thanks for the info!

i was/am mainly curious because i've never gotten medicine from the internet before. so i was just wondering if anyone else has done that too and had success.

i'm glad the Diane works for you!

I live in the US and I get mine from the UK. It costs me $55 for a 3 month supply. At first, I was worried getting it online but everything went fine. I received it in the mail within a week and I thought it was going to be late for my next cycle! phew

goodluck

I live in the US and I get mine from the UK. It costs me $55 for a 3 month supply. At first, I was worried getting it online but everything went fine. I received it in the mail within a week and I thought it was going to be late for my next cycle! phew

goodluck

I was going to get it from inhousepharmacy as well, but I found this one to be cheaper: https://www.healthpluspharmacy.com/Products...?Brand=Diane+35 biggrin.gif They don't charge you for shipping.

Today would be my 29th day on Diane, to be exact. They say it takes atleast 3 months, but I've seen some improvement already which makes me excited and I'm really hoping this pill would clear me in a few months. cross fingers* My face still looks bad, but that would be because my face was really bad to begin with. I wish I never took Ortho Lo and just took this one right away.

cool. and i'm so glad you're seeing some results (me too. fingers crossed).

today is my 15th day. i definitley notice i'm puffy and bloated, but don't really care since i hope it means diane is starting to work its magical powers on my system.

keep us posted on your progress!

Will do.

I noticed I became bloated only during the 7 day break. Now that I'm back on taking the pills, it has gone down thankfully! Also right after the first week, my boobs were kinda swelling. redface.gif Oh and the good thing is, I stopped getting cysts too, just after the first week! I hope it stays that way.

I'm interested to see your progress as well.

best of luck to both of us wink.gif

im from europe and ive never heard of accutan and ortho - would anyone mind explaining what those are? im really curious.

from reading your posts i also realized that diane is cheap here in sweden, about $27 for 3 months.

im also amazed to hear that people in america buy diane online - if your doctors didnt mention this medicine, how did you hear about it?

Accutane is a strong prescription only medication designed to treat acne. For some, the results are permanent and others, it's not.

Othro Tri Cyclen is simply the brand name of an oral contraceptive.

Some posters know about Diane through others in this forum (who are from other countries).

I took Dianette (Diane 35) for about 3 years. I never got any bad side effects.

My doctor changed me to a different BCP (Brevinor) a few months ago, because she said women weren't supposed to take Dianette/Diane for more than 2 years at a time. She also said that she thought this was mainly due to the cost (in the UK, we don't have to pay for BCPs, if they're used for contraceptive purposes.. so the national Health Service has to foot the bill).

In the 3 years I was taking Dianette, my skin never got completely clear, but I'm sure it improved alot.

Two months on Brevinor and I'd had enough.. I had stomach cramps and allsorts of nasties.. along with the spots starting to return!

I now purchase Diane 35 online, from inhouspharmacy.co.uk .. but I think I'll try the helthpluspharmacy next time, as it seems to be a little less expensive.

I'd much rather pay for this, than have to take a different BCP and feel like crap!

I've been talking to a lady who lives in the US.. She buys Diane from Inhousepharmacy too and has never had any problems with delivery.

Anyway, I've just finished my forst pack of Diane, after going back on it.. the horrible side-effects of Brevinor have now disappeared and I can already see my skin improving again.

As far as I'm aware, Diane has a lower risk of blood clots than alot of the newer generation BCPs (such as Marvelon).. I couldn't swear to this, but I'm pretty sure that's the case.