Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
cjb

good natural moisturizer

Hey all,

I usually just use plain old aloe for moisturizer, but I'm looking for something else that is good. My skin tends to be dry and looks like crepe paper on my upper cheeks. Anybody have a suggestion for a moisturizer that is pure and natural? (NO CRAP in it)!

I was thinking of trying Aubrey's because I don't have to order it online and I use their rose mosqueta dry skin face wash and I like it. What do some of you use?

Thanks!

Carrie

Hey all,

I usually just use plain old aloe for moisturizer, but I'm looking for something else that is good.  My skin tends to be dry and looks like crepe paper on my upper cheeks.  Anybody have a suggestion for a moisturizer that is pure and natural?  (NO CRAP in it)!

I was thinking of trying Aubrey's because I don't have to order it online and I use their rose mosqueta dry skin face wash and I like it.  What do some of you use?

Thanks!

Carrie

I use UNREFINED coconut oil at night. It goes on oily but by the time I wake up, my skin is smooth, and the oil is all gone. If I'm still dry in the morning, I use Organic Jojoba Oil.

Hey all,

I usually just use plain old aloe for moisturizer, but I'm looking for something else that is good.  My skin tends to be dry and looks like crepe paper on my upper cheeks.  Anybody have a suggestion for a moisturizer that is pure and natural?  (NO CRAP in it)!

I was thinking of trying Aubrey's because I don't have to order it online and I use their rose mosqueta dry skin face wash and I like it.  What do some of you use?

Thanks!

Carrie

jojoba or emu oil; or any other light oil that's similar to sebum. If you go onto a site that sells carrier oils, they'll usually have a description of each oil, and will mention how light it is and if it is close to resembling sebum. Don't get too heavy an oil as that might clog pores. Apply to damp skin, not dry.

You need something with Vitamin A, in highest dose, as moisturizer. here:

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php...ndpost&p=406295

Purified Water, Safflower Oil, Sesame Oil, Stearic Acid, Cetyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate and PEG-100 Stearate, Allantoin, Panthenol, Retinyl Palmitate (Vitamin A), Ergocalciferol (Vitamin D), Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Sunflower Oil, Avocado Oil, Wheat Germ Oil, Soy Bean Oil, Carbomer 940, Methylparaben, TEA, I. Urea, Fragrant Oils

The sesame oil might be a bit heavy, depending on how much they use. Otherwise, the formula looks pretty good (depending on whether fatty acids break you out).

jojoba or emu oil; or any other light oil that's similar to sebum. If you go onto a site that sells carrier oils, they'll usually have a description of each oil, and will mention how light it is and if it is close to resembling sebum. Don't get too heavy an oil as that might clog pores. Apply to damp skin, not dry.

eusa_clap.gifeusa_clap.gifeusa_clap.gif

Thanks, ritzvin. I do use jojoba and emu oil. I like them both. I don't know why I even started this thread. I guess I was just wondering what other people used. I would not use that one that Andrei suggests, as it has other crap in it besides the moisturizing ingredients. Just get the whole and pure ingredients, people! There is no reason to put extra chemicals on your skin which may cause problems!