Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Randy_nl

Lactic Acid peel burn...what to do?

Hello,

I just slightly burned myself with a lactic acid peel(85%,.28ph,3min). Test area on the side of my face was fine. But when applying to my full face, the thing burned on both my cheeks(very red and sensitive now, even cleaning with cold water hurts). Anything i could/should do besides using plenty of moisturizer?

TIA

Is it just red and sensitive? If so I would apply something like Aquaphor, Vaseline or Spenco Second Skin Quick Heal.

If you are really concerned then you could schedule and appt. with your Dermatologist.

Well now after 2,5 days it's already starting to heal(had some small wounds, which formed a crust, but there was some nice fresh skin underneath it). Kept it moisturized all day(using Cetaphil Hydrating Lotion) and it seems i'm going to be o.k. Didn't use your recommendations as they're not available here in the Netherlands(except for Vaseline), thanks for the advice anyway...

(by the way, availability of acne treatments is much better in the States, over here in Europe availability is much, much worse and in a lot of cases restricted by law. Thank god int. shipping is so fast and cheap nowadays)

So the lesson is: when using a (lactic) peel, a succesful test on the side of your face doesn't guarantee anything at all, the cheeks are (at least in my case) a LOT more sensitive.