Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
daizigirl

Sick of fighting with my skin; I'm losing

I stumbled across this site totally by accident. I've had issues with my skin since a teenager. My skin is sensitive, oily and very prone to scarring; brown scars that reside for a very long time. Years agoI was put on massive doses of tetracycline with did NOTHING except cause other nasty side effects. Since then I've tried most every sort of over the counter product available and even use the Obagi line for to get my skin back to a decent place i.e. without pimples all over it and PIHd. After the agony of the extreme exfoliation, I got to having nice skin for like a week, and then my skin went back to it's old bad habit. an irritation turns into a pimple turns into a PIH and with the added bonus of sore, hard, deep cystic bumps on my chin. I've moved to Toronto and apparently that isn't enough. Now I am breaking out on my cheeks just because, my chin is a mess and my forehead isn't even immune anymore. I dread looking in the mirror in the morning for fear I'll have more new nasties on my face and I can't stand the way I look. I just want to have reasonably clear, evenly complected skin. I'm 41 and I want to hide in my house. I am ashamed and embarassed. I have to wear makeup just to look decent in public. I hate it. I'm going to try this regimen. Luckily, I can buy most of this stuff at the drugstore. I'm going to order the BP gel, but I'll see if I can wing it in the meantime.Be great if you could buy it too at the local pharmacy. I'm skeptical on the one hand, but hoping that this will be the ticket and works

Hey Dazi Girl I'm here for you...I'll keep a close watch on your journal. You can write everything you feel here. I wish you all the luck in the world. It must be so hard... don't worry you'll get to the bottom of this. Things will change.

-Christina

Hey daizigirl,

I understand exactly what you are going through. I have been battling acne for a long time now and the past 3 1/2 years it has gotten worse. At 39, I didn't think things could get any worse. I can't even take Accutane. I tried it twice last year and got severe migraines. I am also allergic to Minocycline. I am really running out of options and now I am practically house bound. I am going to try this regimine and pray that it works. I see a dermatologist all the time and he really hasn't been able to help me. The only thing that seems to help is taking Prednisone to reduce the swelling.

Keep me posted on your progress.

Transgal