Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest Shjaker

Spazzed out at my mom

Guest Shjaker

I was asking my mom if she would order this product in for me that my beau uses to treat his acne, which really worked for him. So we're talking about acne products, and she brings up this steam thing you get that steams up your face and opens the pores, then you wash your face and it cleans them out, or something like that. Everything else she said besides the insult I dont really remember. doubt.gif

Anyway, so Im telling her "No, forget about this little machine thing, I want to try the product Atticus is using." and she starts telling me about the causes of acne and says "What causes acne is your pores getting clogged, because your face is dirty"

As soon as the word "dirty" came out all hell broke loose.

"NO! evil.gif My face is ANYTHING but dirty! I hate when people say that, "Eww why don't you wash your face?!", like it's some hygiene problem!! It has NOTHING to do with hygiene half the time!!" etc etc.

eusa_whistle.gif

Oh yeah.. I really tore a piece out of her..

I just felt so stung when she said you get acne because you're dirty.. It came out as such a slap in the face.. I'm used to it from my peers, who are really ignorant and dont know anything about it.. but from my mom.. sad.gif Ouch.

I'm really losing my patience with her lately.. she has no idea how it feels going out like this.. no idea some of the comments people have made to me about my skin cry.gif She's always saying that "It's not that bad" and "You worry too much about your looks", but like another poster said once.. if she woke up one morning with skin like mine, she'd fall to the floor in a quivering emotional wreck.

We're not dirty!!! mad.gifcry.gif

Guest Brandon

Tell her that you go to a non-biased websites for information about causes of acne, and you know five times more then she does.

Dirty?? I hate that one.

Guest Shjaker

Oh, but it did push her into calling the pharmacy to order in my product. She's been willingly calling [just randomly gets up and says "I'll try them again"] all yesterday and today until the lady gets in, or someone answers.

I guess she felt guilty for making me feel like more shit than I usually do.

dirty sucks i hate that 1, tell her that if someone touchs their face their putting oil on their face so why arnt they getting acne?

tell her how it is, cuz unless u do, she will never know..

I absolutly HATE SOOO much when people say that you need to wash your face !! because the reality is that we probibaly have cleaner faces than them its all inside and tell her that its her fault you have acne because half of you is her ( i use that one all the time and hwta do you know i get my way ) .... any way i think they should make non acne suffers take classes so that they understand what acne is!!! any way stay cool

Yeah man, I feel you. My fucking grandmother always tells me when she sees me, "just make sure to keep it clean." Well, duh. I feel compelled to make a pointed retort, but I keep myself in check because she's a sweet 89-year-old lady. The most irritating thing about such a comment is that it implies laziness and self-apathy on your part. It's almost like an insult. Like telling someone that they're so stupid and lazy that they can't even wash their own goddamn face. Christ.

Yeah man, I feel you. My fucking grandmother always tells me when she sees me, "just make sure to keep it clean." Well, duh. I feel compelled to make a pointed retort, but I keep myself in check because she's a sweet 89-year-old lady. The most irritating thing about such a comment is that it implies laziness and self-apathy on your part. It's almost like an insult. Like telling someone that they're so stupid and lazy that they can't even wash their own goddamn face. Christ.

I feel compelled to make a pointed retort, but I keep myself in check because she's a sweet 89-year-old lady.

Guest Brandon
Listen here, tits. I don't need grandmother advice, and if I did, you would be the last person I would go to.

Oy Brandon, you sure do get worked up. Seriously man, you are one angry fucker. I wasn't trying to be sexist or disrespectful in any way. If someone sad something like that you YOU, I'm sure you'd get all fired up and write a whole essay debunking the commentee. So chill out. I don't want any more conflict with you, so if you're going to reply to this in an aggressive way, save it. I'd rather we just ignored each other's posts.

Guest Brandon

I'll leave it up to the females of the forum to rip your balls off.

So be it. Whatever.

To Ann: That was a bit harsh to call you "tits". I just want to make it known that I am not a sexist and I have the utmost respect for women. I don't want to start any conflict with you nor Brandon. I kind of made that post without thinking about it. I do that sometimes, it's my personality. But I still retain my message: I don't need grandmother advice.

So be it. Whatever.

To Ann: That was a bit harsh to call you "tits". I just want to make it known that I am not a sexist and I have the utmost respect for women. I don't want to start any conflict with you nor Brandon. I kind of made that post without thinking about it. I do that sometimes, it's my personality. But I still retain my message: I don't need grandmother advice.

So we're talking about acne products, and she brings up this steam thing you get that steams up your face and opens the pores, then you wash your face and it cleans them out, or something like that.

Guest OnlyJoe

So if your sinks clogged then you will get spots eusa_think.gif

lol, I love this analogy! even if your sink is completely clean on the outside, the drain might still be clogged and dirty. Therefore if your skin is clean, it doesn't mean the pores are clean too. Therefore the pores are DIRTY. dirty dirty dirty.. dirty.. clogged=dirty.. your pores are dirty, my pores are dirty.. dirty dirty...

but if you tell me to wash my face because my pores are dirty, I'll have to kick your ass!