Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Bumguy

Alternatives to exfoliation

Hey guys, well I've been on Differin since August now and I've had some great success with acne. I havn't had a pimple for 2 months now but I've run into a new problem which is dry, flaky skin. Every morning I will wake up and the surrounding area around my mouth is covered with dead skin. Lately I've been sort of picking the dead skin off but because of the Differin my skin is so thin that I end up bleeding and become really red and irritated. So besides rubbing and using exfoliator creams with little grains in them, does anyone know of a more uh softer way of getting rid of the dead skin?

I've had some good luck with the steam room at my gym because it causes the dead skin to basically just fall off but it's hard to steam everyday sad.gif

Thanks

Hey guys, well I've been on Differin since August now and I've had some great success with acne. I havn't had a pimple for 2 months now but I've run into a new problem which is dry, flaky skin. Every morning I will wake up and the surrounding area around my mouth is covered with dead skin. Lately I've been sort of picking the dead skin off but because of the Differin my skin is so thin that I end up bleeding and become really red and irritated. So besides rubbing and using exfoliator creams with little grains in them, does anyone know of a more uh softer way of getting rid of the dead skin?

I've had some good luck with the steam room at my gym because it causes the dead skin to basically just fall off but it's hard to steam everyday sad.gif

Thanks

I use retin a and get the flakies too. I won a full jar of the neutrogena advanced solutions facial peel. I thought I would try it. It is wonderful. I use it 2 times a week. Its like a mask that you leave on for 10 minutes and then add some water on your hand and wet it and wash it into your face. I guess this has enzymes in it. so it dissolves the dead skin off. My face is really smoothed out and it does not cause breakouts. I will continue to buy. Its about $20 dollars at walmart. It will probably last a couple of months.

I use retin a and get the flakies too. I won a full jar of the neutrogena advanced solutions facial peel. I thought I would try it. It is wonderful. I use it 2 times a week. Its like a mask that you leave on for 10 minutes and then add some water on your hand and wet it and wash it into your face. I guess this has enzymes in it. so it dissolves the dead skin off. My face is really smoothed out and it does not cause breakouts. I will continue to buy. Its about $20 dollars at walmart. It will probably last a couple of months.

once a day use some baking soda paste in the shower or whenever and gently wash with it and it will help greatly and its non irritating and gentle for everyday use.

Never A Dull Moment face scrub from Origins is AMAZING. It has fruit enzymes so you can use it like a facial wash, but leave it on your face a few minutes and wash it away with the disolved skin. Its kind of expensive but you only need to use less than a dime sized amount so it will last a veeery long time. Mine lasted about a year.

Best Exfoliator: Baking Soda

-It's non-irritating and effective on deodorizing and absorbing dirt, dead skin cells, and odor. I mean, I even use it as a gargle for my mouth because some people do that and it's effective. I prefer Arm & Hammer Baking Soda since it's pure and they even have their own website and shows different uses of Baking Soda, including as Mouth Gargle and as Antacids.

-ACNE IS NOT CAUSED BY DIRT. IT'S MAINLY BECAUSE OF IRRITATION (FOR MILD AND MODERATE) AND OVER-PRODUCTION OF SEBUM (SEVERE).

Read my post.

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php?showtopic=40303