Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Waiting_Game

Is This Scarring

taken some pics of my worst looking cheek, right next to a bright lamp light,

i have just come off of accutane the other day and has cleared all my acne, and left me with red marks, some are darker than others,

on the pictures where it looks like there is one main dent, this is where the red marks are there darkest, but when i look in the mirror i do not see these.

could this just be the camera phone?

not sure what the quailty will be, but i will be willing to send them over email for them to have a propa look at

what u guys think?

thanks

post-13320-1105216749_thumb.jpg

post-13320-1105216778_thumb.jpg

post-13320-1105216803_thumb.jpg

post-13320-1105216858_thumb.jpg

post-13320-1105216749_thumb.jpg

post-13320-1105216778_thumb.jpg

post-13320-1105216803_thumb.jpg

post-13320-1105216858_thumb.jpg

sometimes i look and think its just the redness making it seem like der scars and sometime i think dey actually are

but if they are scars, wen the redness goes they will look even less noticeable even if they are scars?

taken some pics of my worst looking cheek, right next to a bright lamp light,

i have just come off of accutane the other day and has cleared all my acne, and left me with red marks, some are darker than others,

on the pictures where it looks like there is one main dent, this is where the red marks are there darkest, but when i look in the mirror i do not see these.

could this just be the camera phone?

not sure what the quailty will be, but i will be willing to send them over email for them to have a propa look at

what u guys think?

thanks

[/quote

Hi there!

I have the same thing!! I had broken out just around september and now my acne is gone, but i have scars/red marks remaining and jsut like you said, i can't see it in the mirror in my room, but in other kind of light (as well as natural light outside) i can see the scars/indentations.. sad.gif I'm sorry to say, but I think it looks like scarring... eusa_wall.gif but hey, at least you're not alone, I've got the SAME thing...

sometimes i look and think its just the redness making it seem like der scars and sometime i think dey actually are

but if they are scars, wen the redness goes they will look even less noticeable even if they are scars?

I got the same scar too! the red marks will fade with time. Those redness will fade fast if u use any 10% cleanser/cream. It does soften those scars when those redness gone...bt the indentions will stay afterall, I decide to perform a TCA cross by myself to get rid of those little indentions, wat u think?

yes, they are scars. Bt as far as I am concerned, they are shallow ones cus u can only notice them in some harsh lighting. They are easily be treated bt u need to look into scar revison.

what kinda treatments come under scar revision?

i kno this has been done, but give me a rough info plz

when the redness goes, will these even be noticeable?

u rekcon its that bad to have to have treatment?

would treatment vanish them then?

i just had another look in the mirror, and where it luks like there are a couple indents dis is redness there, but slight, this cudnt be the redness trickin me?

iam about to try the baking soda water mix and c how this works

please people if ur goin to view this topic please leave feedback on what u think

thanks

Red marks normally make scars look deeper than they are. I don't think they're bad scars at all, and if you can only see them in harsh lighting, so can anyone else and they won't be focusing on them like you.

I noticed some similar mild scarring on my cheeks and began to worry about it. Then i started searching google. If you look at Brad Pitt, Johnny Depp, Madonna etc. in harsh light. They all seem to have similar mild scarring.

Particularly for guys, you find most girls quite like light scarring that makes them look manlier. It can be a bit more of a problem for girls. If i were you, i'd just concentrate on getting rid of the redness, then i think you'll learn to live with the very mild scarring. Particularly if you can't even see it most the time.

Put a mirror and a lamp like that next to most people's faces and i'm sure you'd highlight all their imperfections too.

I think you'll be fine, and if you do happen to be a perfectionist.... not only will the scars fade and stretch out over time, but there are some treatments you can get done.

thanks for the knowledge and your advice frogs,, im very appreciate of that!

at the moment iam trying to tell myself ( reassure my self ) that when the redness has gone that i wont even be able to see them, and like you sed its just the redness making it seem worse than it even is though there not bad anyway

when i took these regardless of the crap camera phone, i had the main light out and the lamp on.

i stood by a window with natural light on to my cheek a little distance away from the mirror, and couldnt see hardly anything

i only see what minor imperections are there wen i take them on my phone, someone said that this could be the phone camera quailty picking up thinks and making it look worse, could this be true?.

frogs if you read this please reply

thanks

ive just had another stare at the pics i posted, and when you look the slight indents are under the dark red pacthes, this is what i mean by the camera making the imperfections look worse, and there are only 2 scars i can see.

can u tell me what u see, how many etc

and ansswer quetions i have asked

thanks once again

Well, it does look to me as if the dark red patches are slightly dented. However, i had dark red marks on my face that looked dented, until they faded and turned out to be completely flat.

I sometimes do paintings, and by fading in a darker colour to a light background, you can make the picture look 3d. And as we all know, a piece of paper is not. Light plays a lot of tricks on us and like i said, they looks mild now, so when the redness is gone, they'll look even more mild and perhaps not even existant.

Do and image search for a guy, on google. Look at the pictures and you'll see that their skin looks perfectly even. Then find a closer one in natural daylight and you'll see that almost everyone has minor scarring similar to yours. You don't notice it on them until you look really closely and so most people wouldn't notice it on you.

Yes, it does look like you have very minro scarring which will be even more minor once the redness has gone. But until the world turns into a place where people take really close up pictures of your cheek, with a camera phone, under specific light i really don't think you should worry.