Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Doberwoman

baking soda coarseness

How coarse is your baking soda and does it work as a scrub for you?  

19 members have voted

1. 1. How coarse is your baking soda and does it work as a scrub for you?

• fine like powdered sugar (and it works)
    • fine like powdered sugar (and it didn't work)
    • coarse like table sugar (and it works)
    • corse like table sugar (and it didn't work)

I wasn't sure whether or not I should post this under Delna's thread -- but seeing as it's 19 pages now I thought my question could pretty easily get lost and I really wanted to find out what people are using, so I thought I'd go for a poll.

I've noticed that baking soda can vary in coarseness. The stuff I was originally using was very fine, like powdered (icing) sugar. My new stuff is much coarser, like the consistency of table sugar. I don't think this coarser baking soda works as well as the fine stuff, so I was wondering what other people have tried and whether or not this has any effect on how well the regime works.

It's somewhere in between so I didn't vote. It's definitely coarser than powdered sugar, but it's no where near as coarse as regular sugar.

I find it to be especially gentle when combined with a cream cleanser instead of just mixing with water. It works fine. I just use the Arm & Hammer stuff.

I used to use the baking soda.. then I discovered clean and clear blackhead clearing scrub. It's so much better..

I make my Baking Soda into a fine paste and then I use it for Delna's Regimen. It doesn't leave my skin red or anything, it leaves is nice a refreshed which is nice.